Unwelcome

A/N:
Hello Guys!
I have to inform you that the previous parts are actually completed. However, I am writing a new two shots story again and this following chapter is the first part of it. You might expect one shots or short stories as further updates in this book. I hope you like it. I would like to turn this book into a collection of short stories.

Thank you ImMadhumitha for reminding me that this work matters. It is heart warming.

Disclaimer:

This work might contain information which is factually incorrect as it is mostly fictional but the characters remain same. I donot claim to be following the actual story line of Mahabharata and the actual  age of characters at certain instances. Also, I don't intend to hurt any fan group.

*********
Prologue
*********

It's been four days after Arjun returned from his exile to Indraprastha along with Subhadra. He could not meet Draupadi as she refused to meet him.

***********
Arjun's POV
***********

"I walked and let my feet carry the weight of my heart until there was no man. Was I missing her? Why was my heart heavy? It wasn't something new to me. I have often walked on paths which were marshy and sandy. There were days in forests which were bereft of any living creature. An insect or a pest would never dare to enter the privacy of dark ever green forests. I guess the nature always had a special corner of their heart empty for me. I was never interrupted neither by mystic forests nor by dark shallow depths of seas".

I felt a tap on my shoulder after I spoke about all of it. I might have seemed lost while speaking. I looked at his face which had a sparkle. He seemed delighted by whatever I spoke. Although, I wonder if he could actually understand whatever I spoke considering his tender age.

Was I foolish to speak about my travel endeavors to my two year old son. Well! he wasn't my son as well. He was brother Bheem's son Shruthsom. I have developed a rather strong bond with this child in mere four days after my return from exile. I looked at him once again and he ran away. He was very impatient like brother Bheem. I am sure he would return to me with something amusing and ask questions about it in his gibberish language. If my answers were alluring enough he would stay or he would run away all over again. I have spent the last four days this way with the toddler. My brothers are quite busy with their work while my new wife has chosen to spend her time trying to impress the queen. I told her that it was highly unlikely that the queen would dislike her. The queen was upset with me. She chose not to listen to my words and follow her brother Madhav's command. I gave up my weapons in the matter.

The walls of this palace seem very unwelcoming. It seems they favor their queen more than the commander-in-chief of the army. They are justified to do so as a queen ranks higher.

They say "You can estimate the capability of a woman just by looking at the way she maintains her house". I say this palace of illusions of mine has embodied the fragrance and spirit of the queen in such a manner that it resonates with her mood. Resentment and monotony ebb like alternate waves across the palace. As I walk through the passages that lead to common areas or inner chambers all the mirrors have been masked with mud. It took me no time to realize that it was an order by the queen.

I had expected this kind of gloomy welcome about two months ago when I vowed to take Subhadra as my wife in the palace of Dwaraka. It's only now did I realize that it is rather heartbreaking. I never knew I could shatter my Prisha to this extent that she chose not to look at her attractive face in the mirror. They all call her Paanchali or Draupadi but she is my Prisha and I am her Paarth.

I remember that eventful day quite vividly when I first called her by the name Prisha. It was moments after we left the majestic swayamwar hall of Paanchaal. Our chariot was being strode by a noble man of Paanchal army whilst I had my most elegant wife by my side. I was lost in the shine of the sharpness of her eyes. She smiled at me and I was taking in her aura. She was mine. The realization made me possessive about her. I took her by her waist and made her comfortable on my lap. I kept staring at my coy bride. She could look both tender and strong  at the same time. A few moments ago she looked like the incarnation of the feminine energy when she roared in the swayamwar hall about the rules a Kshatriya princess is obliged to honor and now she is unable to gather courage to look into my eye. I spoke gently "My lady! I have managed to concentrate and pierce through a fish eye and here you are not even acknowledging me by looking at me". She looked at me for a brief second and looked away not letting me have a good glance of her heavenly face from such proximity. Meanwhile, an arrow hit the head board making its way between us. I wasted no time and stroke an arrow in the heart of the person who aimed at my woman. I felt uncomfortable at the thought of her being hurt. I chose to therefore confess "My lady! I have realized that I have fallen in love with you. I would like to therefore address you as Prisha (It means my beloved)".

To this day I remember a lone tear that appeared in her left eye on my words. She quickly responded saying "And you are my Paarth!". I was enthralled that she called me hers but I questioned "I haven't revealed my identity and other sons of Pritha can also be called Paarth". She had a look of pride in her eyes and being the woman she is she answered with utmost authority saying "Paarth! None other than the third Pandaav could accomplish a feat impossible and I would want to address you as Paarth not as a salutation to your mother. The word 'Pa' signifies guarding, ruling and protecting. Arth means  meaning. Someone who could give a meaning to these virtuous qualities is Paarth. I cannot think of any other name for you my lord!".

Why has time conspired against us to such an extent that her identity is now only confined to her being the queen. 

Is my Prisha lost in oblivion of time? 

Have the bridges between both of us stretched to an extent that it is impossible to reach one another?

Too many questions and a disturbed mind!!!!

********************

To be continued....