douze.

It's the small things, Mitsuha realizes, that makes her love him even more.

Their last week of school has finally arrived. It's been three years of a roller-coaster doing those loops continuously, going around and around until it finally comes to a stop.

Their exam scripts are being handed back to them during the day. It's quite an affair when you're in the same class as five people who share one collective brain cell.

"Did ya really think you'd even pass in econ?" Matsukawa hisses when he sees Hanamaki's paper, a large '40' inked at the top in red. "You drew like, one graph."

"Better than your ass of an argument as to why countries need to implement harder tax laws," his friend snaps, pointing at the '35' inked at the top of Matsukawa's paper. "Who the fuck says 'I think it'd be pretty crazy ngl' as a reason?"

Mitsuha lets out a grieved sigh, closing her locker door. This is their third class of the day, and she's had to endure their bickering since the morning. It didn't help that Hajime and Oikawa were arguing about the answers on monetary policy, even going as far as asking her to explain what they did wrong.

Yuki's probably the only quiet one she's left to deal with today, which is unusual. She's usually the most boisterous, pestering even Mitsuha with texts about why her answers didn't get her the marks she's expecting.

She stands at her locker, peering down at her paper intently. She's not drawing attention to herself, and neither is she snapping at Hajime and Oikawa who are next to her, now quarreling about something unrelated.

Mitsuha watches as Yuki looks up from her sheet, glancing at the two of them. Oikawa notices this, and he looks at her behind Hajime's shoulder.

"You okay, Yuki-chan?" he asks, concerned.

She shakes her head at the mention of her name, realizing what she'd been doing. "Oh yeah, I'm fine," she replies, chuckling lightly. "Caffeine withdrawals, y'know? I've been chugging so much coffee the past week that I'm really  feeling it now." She gives him a reassuring smile.

His response is something neither of them are expecting. "I know, right?" Oikawa exclaims, throwing his hands into the air with frustration. Yuki's eyes are widened in shock at the sudden outburst. "I'm so exhausted and I've done nothing. Nothing at all. Just sleep and watch TV."

Mitsuha takes notice of how Yuki's shoulders slump in ease; she hadn't taken into account how stressed they seemed to be before. The two of them fall into a regular pattern of conversation, Yuki moaning about how stressful the student council has been and Oikawa voicing his own complaints about universities and such. Hajime even joins in now, insulting her boyfriend when he can and siding along with Yuki's jabs at Oikawa's pains.

A small smile spreads on her face; it's funny how Oikawa never seems to realize the effect he has on others, particularly his friends, how they seem to ease around him and let their guard down their little. How he provides a comfortable space for them to be themselves, even if it's only for a few, brief moments.

Oikawa Tooru is like a cool breeze on a hot summer's day, refreshing and sweet, making your heart swell in warmth and peace.

"Mitsuha!" Matsukawa yells, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Please explain why Makki can't write 'I learnt this in second year, it's not like I remember it now' as a reason to explain why fiscal policy is detrimental to a market in recession!" She turns to glare at the both of them, pursing her lips in annoyance.

If Oikawa is a cool summer's breeze, these two are pesky flies.

*

"You literally stressed about an exam you ended getting top marks in," Yuki grumbles, after she's snatched Mitsuha's applied mathematics paper to see her answers. "You're literally so annoying."

apotelesma - o. tooruOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara