~CHAPTER 12: IT WAS YOU~

(edited: 16

(edited: 16.08.22)

WORRY was eating me alive, as I was still waiting for Jasper to come back. It's been already an hour since he left the house, with Alice and Emmett following.

Esme was trying to get me to eat, but I was pacing around the room, feeling so nauseous that I couldn't even look at the food that they made me. Carlisle kept telling me to sit down and relax, while Rosalie was looking at me in worry and understanding as she knew that she would feel the same, if it was about Emmett.

Finally we heard someone enter the house, I stopped pacing as I focused on the entry to the living room. Silently praying that Jasper would walk through it.

Minutes felt like forever for me, my heart was beating quickly as anxiety greeted me. When I was about to run and find out who entered the house, I saw him.

Jasper walked into the living room, meeting my eyes looking sad and worried. But that didn't matter to me as I ran towards him, wanting to jump into his arms. As I was within arm's reach to him, I stopped and looked into his eyes asking for permission.

He smiled at me softly and pulled me into his arms. While I felt some tension in him, I still hugged him back as tightly as humanly possible. Jasper squeezed me a bit, but it was still gentle and careful, as if I was made of glass.

"We'll leave you for a while. If anything happens just call us Thea." I heard Carlisle say as the Cullens left the living room.

After another couple of minutes, I pulled back and looked into Jasper's dark gold eyes saying "I'm so sorry Jasper... I'm sorry."

Jasper started rubbing my back softly, while saying "I should be the one apologizing Darlin'. I lost control and nearly hurt you."

I shook my head "But, I was the one who didn't think about my injury! I should've given you a warning..."

"Darlin', it's not your fault. I should back away the minute I smelled blood, yet I didn't and I nearly hurt you." Jasper whispered in a mournful tone.

"But you're not good at controlling yourself yet... and after what happened on Sunday, I'm sure that being around humans is tough for you." I whispered, rubbing his arm "Especially if the said human has cuts all over her hand."

Jasper's eyes darkened even further, as he asked "What do you mean cuts all over your hand? What happened?"

I blushed in embarrassment and looked away, saying "I em... punched a wall? And that broke my knuckle and somehow the impact also split the skin open..."

For a few minutes, Jasper was quiet before taking my injured hand gently, making me look at him as he kissed the bandage softly. His eyes were now black and he was so tense, that I thought that the material of his turtleneck was going to rip any minute.

Seeing him struggle with his hunger and control, I slowly took my hand away from his and hid it behind me, as I raised my healthy hand and started caressing his cheek. It helped, as he relaxed a bit so I decided to try something out.