Chapter 5

Days went by and Blake and I got closer and closer, but I still couldn't get anything out of him. He doesn't trust me

It was around midnight when I decided I didn't want to stay here and wait until he'll open up to me

I open the door to the pitch black hallway. I look at his door. I wanted to enter it so badly but something made me stop. Knowing that a door is separating us makes me want to rip my hair out

Opening the door to his room is such a simple task but I can't do it. My body won't let me open it. I sigh in annoyance and knock

A few seconds pass and Blake opens the door
"Yes?" He says rubbing his eyes
"Were you sleeping?"
"Yes. Weren't you?"
"I prefer to stay awake" he raises an eyebrow and I just shake my head "Can I come in?" Blake moves out the way so that I can enter

His room, as I expected, was in tone with the whole house. Black. Wood. Modern. He had nothing personal. You could pass the room as a hotel one

"What's this midnight visit about?" He sits down on his bed while I stand
"Well...Everything"
"What do you mean?"
"I don't know you Blake"
"So you want me to tell you my childhood story?"
"It would be helpful"
"Yeah, not going to happen"

"Why not? We're mates"
"I'm not the type who tells people their life sorrow"
"Make an exception to your "type". Blake, I really need to know you. It's killing me inside that I know nothing about you"

"Evony I don't know stuff about you either. I mean you're Danton's daughter. How is that even possible? There weren't any descendants left"
"If I tell you my whole story then I get yours. Deal?"
"Sounds fair"

"I'm the daughter of Danton Lorraine and Dree Grant"
"What!? But that's impossible. Lycans don't mate with each other"
"You think that I don't know that? I've been trying to figure out my existence all my life"

"Why didn't you tell me the first time we met?"
"You said I was my dad's daughter but you didn't say anything about my mom"
"But-" before he could continue I cut him off
"I'm telling the story right now"
"Right"

"The last memory I have with them happens at night. A reddish light shone through my window making me stir up from my log like sleep"

"I didn't get enough time to look outside for the light source when I heard a loud sound. With that my mother's light as a  feather footsteps rush to my room"

"She opened the door in a swift calm motion and came next to my bed"

"I looked at her face for answers but I couldn't find anything. She just held her soft smile on and I knew I wouldn't get them"

"Before I could ask her something she shushed me and took my little body engulfed in the silk sheets in her arms"

"She opened the window to the outside world and jumped. She landed on her feet like nothing happened and started sprinting"

"The wind hit us making me feel like we were running at the speed of light.
I try to take a peek at the scene unfolding around us but my mom's hand shielded my vision"

"I smelt around for something that can tell me what was happening and the horrid, sickening, sweet smell of blood intoxicated me"

"Screams and cries of children could be heard all around us. The sound of ripping echoed through the night. Mother's uneven breathing covered most of the other sounds"

"We came to a sudden halt. Mom crouched and held me tighter than before. I smelt the stinking smell of hatred coming
towards us"

"I looked over mum's shoulder. There he was a full blown werewolf with his fangs showing running towards us. When he was too close to me someone pulled him by the tail and threw him in a tree"

"It was my father's deed. He came as fast as possible next to us and engulfed us in a hug giving my mother something. I felt like nothing can happen to us now that he's here"

"I heard my parents faint voices whisper "We're sorry baby. We love you" and a silver blade is stuck in my side"

"The cold metal in my body stung so hard. My bones were breaking one by one. It was unbearable. My parents used to tell me about the moment I'll transform in a werewolf for the first time but that shouldn't happen now. It was too early. I was only 9 not 13"

"The pain kept persisting. My parents hugged me even tighter. I growled and bit at my mother's shoulder while she was whispering sweet words in my ear. My dad kissed my head and said "Let it take you""

"That's exactly what I did. I looked up at the blood moon on the sky and closed my eyes. It stopped hurting. That's the last thing I remembered"

"I woke up and looked around. There I was in the middle of corpses. All I felt was death. No one was alive. I knew it was my fault. I killed them all. Pack members and enemies"

I didn't expect him to freeze. He wouldn't move a finger. It was like I was looking at a picture. I make my way to him and I put a hand on his shoulder

"Blake.." he moves away from my touch and sits up
"So it's true.." I sit up and go towards him
"What's true?"
"You're the reason everything is upside down.."

"I don't understand what you're talking about"
"The revolution Evony!"he snaps his head to me and I could see the rage in him building up
"Revolution? What revolution?"

"People keep turning against the pack and leaving to form a new one. Everything because they've been developing a new idea that the history we know is wrong. And you're the one who turned them against me. My pack. MY FATHER'S PACK" his voice raising with every word he spoke, at the end yelling at me

"I didn't even know that there was a revolutionary movement happening. How could I've been the one who fed them ideas?"

"You've been hiding all your life without me ever knowing there's someone like me alive. You're lying about not knowing"

"You sound like you're trying to put the blame on me for your childhood issues"
"Are you kidding me right now? I don't have any childhood issues"

"Oh really? Then what about your parents? How did Colton die?"
"That's none of your concern" He says turning away from me
"I knew him before you did Blake! I was his favorite before he thought I died! You were the rebound kid!"

"SHUT UP" He yells and his eyes turn pure gold
"Just like that. Stop fighting your emotions. Tell me what happened to him! Tell me what happened to Anna!"

"THEY'RE DEAD BECAUSE OF ME!"
"What?" My breath hitched
"I was too late to protect her. She went for a walk around the pack and she was attacked by a rogue. I saw him slashing my mother's neck"

"He turned to me and smirked. I see his deadly smirk every time I close my eyes. Blood dripped drop by drop from his mouth. He was making his way to me. To end me as well"

"Just then dad appears and takes him by the neck. The purple marks on the rogue's neck showed that he was squeezing little by little"

"The life fades from his eyes and dad let's go. After that, many more rogues appeared. My dad made me leave and that's the last time I saw him"

"I know he could have fought them off but he couldn't live without my mother. It would have been an empty life"

"Oh my goddess. Blake I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have brought that up. I- " I say crying. They didn't deserve to go out that way

He sighs and engulfs me in a hug "Shh. It's ok, we can't turn back time"
I was shaking, I barely got out "I can leave if you want"

"I think we both need someone right now"
"But your assumptions, I'm not-"
"I know you're not the traitor. If you were you would have known about everything. Now let's go to sleep and tomorrow we'll figure everything out"