A baby!?

Don't forget to comment and like :)

"You're what!" Lola exclaimed, her eyes bulging as she scanned Julies face for any sign of a lie.

There was none.

Ever since that kiss on the sofa, Lola and Egris had shared a few sweet, yet brief exchanges of the lips. She thought that was a huge leap in their relationship but apparently Julie had already been two steps ahead. 

They were sitting side by side on the edge of a table in the canteen. Egris and Sestru had left earlier for training, leaving time for Julie to reveal her big surprise. 

"I really am, Lola." Julie whispered and leaned closer so no one else could overhear.

"How long have you known?"

"A few days. I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to be read aloud in the assembly. You're the first person to know - apart from Sestru, of course."

"Well, I - I'm flattered, honestly," Lola spluttered, not sure how to take in the news, "I'm so happy for you!"

And she truly was. All you had to do was watch Julie and Sestru for a second to see their feelings for one another. It made the room fizz and all eyes turned to them.

They were a beacon and all the lovesick puppies were the moths. I suppose it was just a matter of time until they completed the programme, she just didn't expect it to be so soon.

"I'm nervous, I guess." Julie giggled and placed a hand on her stomach.

Nothing was showing yet but the maternal instinct was already budding and eager. Lola couldn't help but think the two of them would make brilliant parents.

xxx

The deadline for the programme started to loom over Lola constantly. There were almost 3 weeks left and if she wasn't pregnant by then, artificial insemination would be the answer.

And that was the last thing she wanted.

Lola didn't have the guts to start a conversation about it with Egris and not crumble in embarrassment. It had to happen one day and soon, but when....

Well, that was a mystery.

And Egris too let it filtrate his mind. He would throw himself at the opportunity of laying with Lola any day of the week but he would wait till they both were in agreement.

Egris didn't want to feel like it had to happen even though that was the case. He wanted it to be natural - loving?

That seemed right.

If the kisses they shared were anything to go by, sleeping together would be euphoric. 

It would be Egris' first time and he was honoured for it to be with Lola. They were mates, couples and pairs - in short, they stayed together. Once the two month period was over and all females were successfully impregnated, they would set their course back to the planet Xyon.

Lola would enter Egris' home, walk on the ground and eat the food. They would have a family (hopefully) and life would be sweeter than pie.

That's the idea, anyway.

At least they had time to find the perfect night. In his book, it said that most of the activity happened when the lights went out. It didn't offer any instructions on how to actually do it, but the concept seemed easy enough.