The Final Chapter

As they stepped out of the enchanted room, they nearly collided with Rose, Albus, Harry Potter, and Professor McGonnagall, who were all rushing towards the disappearing door on the wall at top speed.

"SCORPIUS! Thank God you're alright." Albus was on the verge of tears and paler than Scorpius had ever seen him before. He immediately rushed forward to hug his friend, relief washing over him. Rose joined in, the panic still fading from her eyes as she hugged Scorpius tightly.

"Oh, I was so scared..." she started.

"But I'm alright. It's over. My dad got into the room, I'm not sure how, and—" Scorpius started to explain, but was cut off by Professor McGonnagall.

"Yes, how did you get into the room, Draco?" she inquired, a curious expression on her face.

"Minerva, I'm really sorry, and I wouldn't have broken into the castle unless it were absolutely necessary—"

"Oh, I quite understand, there is no reason to apologize. In fact, I am the one who owes an apology," and she turned to face Scorpius. "I'm sorry for doubting you, there is no excuse for my ignorance. Even had you been lying, it was still wrong of me to refuse you help without further investigating the situation. As it happens, you were telling the truth, and that makes my actions all the more terrible. I don't expect you to forgive me—"

"It's okay," responded Scorpius, meeting the older woman's eyes decisively.

"But it isn't, Scorpius, it simply is not okay. If there is anything I can do to make up for my wrong actions, anything at all..."

"Actually, there is. You see, my father has been serving time at a camp to make up for his role in the war against Voldemort. Today, he left that camp unexcused in order to save my life, so I expect the Ministry will want to make his sentence longer. If there's anything you can say to persuade them otherwise—"

"Consider it done. And I'll have Connell Parkinson expelled tonight for attempted murder." Then she turned to Draco to say, "you did well with this one. You should be proud."

"I am," he whispered. "More than you could possibly imagine. Thank you, Minerva, this means a great deal to us."

"It's the least I can do." She smiled at the lot of them, then said, "if you'll excuse me, I've got to sort out a few things with the Minister." She turned and walked briskly away from them, heading towards her office. Scorpius, still wondering a couple of things, turned to face Harry.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get into the school? And how did Professor McGonnagall know where I was?"

"Please, call me Mr. Potter," he smiled at Scorpius. "As soon as Draco disapparated from the camp, I went back to Hogsmeade in case you had shown up in my absence. When I saw you still weren't there, I immediately sent a patronus to Minerva's office to alert her of the situation and to ask her to let me onto the Hogwarts grounds. She sent Neville to let me in so that she could get here as fast as possible and attempt to get into the room. On the way, I'm guessing she bumped into your friends, Albus and Rose."

"Yes, as soon as we awoke from the stunning spells, I unlocked the door with Alohamora and headed up to the seventh floor. Connell was apparently stupid enough to not take our wands," Rose smirked. "We ran into Professor McGonnagall on the way, and I started to explain the situation, but she seemed to already know. Now I know why," she nodded at Harry.

"Right. Well, as soon as I was let into the castle, I rushed up here to find you lot standing in this corridor. You had all attempted to get into the room, but since you didn't know exactly what to wish for, you couldn't. I was about to suggest the Room of Hidden Things, when the door appeared in the wall, and you two emerged," he finished, motioning to Scorpius and Draco. After a moment of silence, he added, "I think we can all agree it's been a long day. Why don't you children head to your dormitories and at least try to get some sleep? Draco and I will see you tomorrow at King's Cross." Rose and Albus nodded, but Scorpius and Draco exchanged worried looks.

"What is it, Scorpius?" Albus asked, having noticed this.

"We'll have to go back to grandfather's, won't we, Dad?" Scorpius remarked gloomily.

"Until we get back on our feet, I think that's the only option. But hey, at least I'm a free man now, that's a start! Before you know it, we'll be moving out and starting a new life someplace else," Draco stated optimistically.

"But that's not true, is it, Dad? They can't go back there!" Albus looked at his father, pleading with him. Draco answered instead.

"Don't worry, Albus, we'll be alright. Thank you for your concern."

"Don't be ridiculous, Draco." Harry turned to speak to his childhood enemy. "We've got a spare bedroom in the house, I'm afraid it's not much, but it'll do. Besides, it's only until you get back on your feet, right?" When Draco started to protest, he added, "you aren't seriously going to tell me you'd rather live with your father?"

Draco paused, then said, "you mean it?"

"Yes, I mean it."

"I don't know how to thank you—"

"You don't have to," replied Harry.

"Very well." Draco looked around at the odd assortment of witches and wizards standing around him. "You know, of all the people I thought Scorpius might be friends with at Hogwarts, this wasn't what I imagined. But I couldn't be happier about it." He grinned at Harry, viewing him for the first time as a friend. When Harry smiled back, Draco knew he was thinking the same thing. With nothing left to sort out, the three children and two adults headed their separate ways. Scorpius grinned to himself as he headed down to the dungeons because he was happier than he ever remembered feeling. For the first time in his life, he knew it was going to be okay.

The End.

Thank you so much for reading my story, it means the world to me <3

If you liked it, please let me know by voting! Any feedback is also greatly appreciated, as this is my first Wattpad story and definitely isn't perfect. If you want to talk about specific characters or scenes, message me, I'd love to talk!

Thanks again, Isabella :)