Chapter 6

The Millenium Falcon speeds through hyperspace Rey and Han Solo sit in the co-pilots and pilots seat, sparks fly as a fuse blows. "Electrical overload." Han says pointing at a fuse box above Rey, as an alarm beeps.
"I can fix that." Rey says standing and opening the compartment.
"Coolants leaking." Han says to himself, Rey hears waving smoke away from her face, she turns.
"Try transferring auxiliary power-" Rey says, "To the secondary tank." Han and Rey say together.
"I got it." Han says turning to the controls.
"I need help with this giant hairy thing!" Finn yells from the back, Chewbacca is heard roaring as BB-8 rolls into the cockpit, beeping.
"You hurt Chewie, you're going to deal with me!" Han yelled back.
"Hurt him? He almost killed me six times!" Finn shouted. Han and Rey heard nothing after that.
"This hyperdrive blows there are going to be pieces of us in three different systems." Han says, as Rey yanks something out then the hyperdrive normalizes. She looks at the compressor in her hand in confusion, Han looks at her. "What'd you do?" He asks as Rey sits in the co-pilots seat. She holds up the compressor, looking very excited.
"I bypassed the compressor." She says, smiling.
"Huh." Han says, getting up from his seat, "Move, ball." He says to BB-8 sitting in the doorway. Rey sits in the chair for a minute looking confused, then gets up and follows Han, "Thanks." She hears Han say.
"You're welcome." Finn says, putting his arm on a table when it switches on to a chess-like game, Chewie perks up, and Rey walks in, going over to Alex, who has a sheen of sweat covering her face.
"So... fugitives, huh?" Han says, looking at Finn as he finally figures out how to turn off the game. Rey looks up from checking on Alex.
"The First Order wants the map." She says, coming over to stand with them, "Finn is with the Resistance," Finn looks down at Rey mentioning him being in the Resistance and Han notices, "I'm just a scavenger, and Alex was a stormtrooper." Han nods.
"Let's see what you've got." He says, BB-8 chirps as Rey.
"Go ahead." She says, reassuring him, she goes over and sits in a chair near Alex, BB-8 projects the map. Chewie gives a soft roar from where he was lying down.
"This map's not complete." Han says, "It's just a piece." Rey looks in awe at the systems shown. "Ever since Luke disappeared, people have been looking for him."
"Why did he leave?" Rey asks curiously. A look of sadness flits across the smuggler's face.
"He was training a new generation of Jedi. One boy, an apprentice turned against him, destroyed it all." Rey looks at Han, "Luke felt responsible." Han says, turning away, sadness in his voice, "He just walked away from everything."
"Do you know what happened to him?" Finn asks.
"A lot of rumors. Stories. People that knew him best think he went looking for the first Jedi temple."
"The Jedi were real?" Rey asked standing up, excitement in her eyes.
"I used to wonder about that myself. Though it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. A magical power holding together good and evil, the dark side and the light." He said with a slight laugh, stopping his pacing. "Crazy thing is..." he let out a breath, turning to Rey and Finn, "it's true. The Force. The Jedi. All of it." Rey looked amazed and Finn looked nervous. "It's all true." Just then the terminal beeped, BB-8 shut off the map as Han went into the cockpit, Rey following him, Chewie attempted to follow him, "No, you rest." He says, Chewie grumbles but listens to Han, Finn stands with Chewie. Finn turns to the bed that held Alex, only to find it empty.
——
"I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy." Rey says, awestruck, as the Millennium Falcon comes out of hyperspace and goes into the atmosphere of a green and blue planet.
"Uh. Rey?" She hears Finn call. She sighs, wanting to look at the planet more. But she gets up and goes into the back where Finn is held by Alex, a blaster in hand.
"Rey." She says, relaxing her grip on Finn, he quickly scrambles out of her grasp, Rey quickly walks over.
"Sit down." Rey says, pushing Alex down into a chair, "Why were you up?"
"I didn't know where I was or where you were." She said, "Sorry, I overreacted, bad habit."
"That's Finn. He was the guy we chased down remember?" A look of realization crosses Alex's face.
"Oh! That's who it was!"
"What do you remember?" Rey asked, "You were pretty out of it." Alex sits silent for a minute.
"I remember the TIEs, then it was all a blur. But where are we?" She says.
"I don't know. Some planet." Alex gets up, Rey gives her a stern look.
"I'll be fine. Did you put bacta patches on?" Rey nods, "Then it's all good." Alex says, "Stop worrying!" She pushes into Rey gently.
"That's what you said last time." She mutters, Alex laughs.
"Come on scavenger." She says, going in front of Rey, "Don't you want to see where we are?" Rey cracked a smile, leading Alex out of the ship.
"Only with you trooper."
——