Chapter 10

Pain, so much pain. Screams echoed in my head, images flashed through my mind, I was in an interrogation cell. I could feel everything that had happened in this place. Terrible things. I strained against my bonds, trying to get away from this pain. The metal cuffs did not give. I don't know for how long the images came, the pain. Eventually darkness came and gave some relief.
——
    A shock of electricity woke me, the current traveling through my body. My eyes snapped open to meet the cold stare of General Hux. "AX-7897." He said, a blank look on his face. "I would have never thought it would be you to desert the First Order. What made you do it?" I spat at his feet, and he gave a scowl of disgust.
"If slaughtering an entire village of innocent people isn't enough-"
"They were traitors to the First Order." Hux spat.
"They were innocent! They never did anything! All they wanted to do was to protect their families! They were loyal to the First Order! You came in and slaughtered them all!"
"Not all." Hux said.
"Yeah and maybe you should have. Left me there too. Killed me with the rest of my family!"
"I saved you!!"
"And look where that put me!"
"We are your family! The First Order was your family!"
"No you were the one who killed mercilessly! Innocents!" I shouted, straining against the metal cuffs.
"Enough Alex!" Hux roared, He said, "And yes, I know your little name. Your friends too." My face blanched.
"What did you do to them?" I asked
"They tried to escape, they stole a TIE. They were shot down."
"No!" My body felt numb, they couldn't be dead.
"Just know I tried to save you Alex." Hux said as he walked out the door and two stormtroopers came in the room and walked forward. No one heard my screams. I was thankful when darkness claimed me.
——
    When I opened my eyes again it was quiet, my body ached and my vision was fuzzy, but no stormtrooper came to cause more pain, I closed my eyes tried to find the extent of my injuries, cuts marred my skin, but the feeling was faded, the pain not full registering. I heard the door hiss open and my eyes snapped open. Not again. I heard footsteps walk towards me, I was defenseless. Fear filled me as they came closer. "Do not be afraid, young one." A voice echoed as peace washed over me. I heard a soft click as my restraints unlocked, I sat up silently, looking over my shoulder, a stormtrooper stood by the door, I got up silently, walking up behind them I grabbed them. The trooper struggled before falling unconscious, I set them down silently, thinking, I would be able to get far like this, my gaze turned to the stormtrooper, but as a trooper... a few minutes later I was dressed in white armor. I dragged the unconscious trooper over to the corner, out of sight. I walk over to the door, opening it, I walk past the trooper guarding the door giving them a nod. I walked down the hall, navigating it easily, I had been positioned on Starkiller base for a few months, and had memorized the layout. I heard Kylo Ren approaching, and stopped in front of a door. "Sir, sensors triggered in Hangar 718." A stormtrooper told him, "We're searching the area."
    "She's just beginning to test her powers." He said, walking up to the trooper, "The longer it takes to find her, the more dangerous she becomes." He said, then quickly walked off, I closed my eyes, I hadn't gone to Hangar 718, who else was a prisoner here?
    Reach out you must. A voice whispered in my head, sense them you will. I reached out, like the voice said, I felt something familiar, a warmth, like a sun. Rey. My eyes snapped open as I hurried down the hall.
    "All sentry droids, all sentry droids," the PA announced, "resynchronize to Galactic Standard Time, Offset 473." It wasn't important, and I let the voice fade into the background, I reached out and tried to pinpoint the warmth, she was moving fast, I continued walking, stopping just behind a doorway, I peeked out, a stormtrooper stood in front of a door as it opened.
    "Hey!" He exclaimed, and then was blown backwards by a blaster shot to the chest. I walked around the corner and was met with a very angry Wookie, pointing a blaster at my head.
    "Chewie! Stop!" I said quickly, taking off my helmet, "It's me! Alex!" Chewie gave a soft moan as he saw my face, asking if I was alright. "I'm okay Chewie." I said, stepping forward, only to stumble back into a wall as my vision goes fuzzy.
    "Kid?" Han says, having come forward to steady me.
    "I'm fine." I say, shrugging his hand off. He gives me a concerned look. "What are you doing here?" I ask.
    "We need to shut down the shield generators, the Resistance is going to hit the thermal oscillator,"
    "Blowing up the base." I say, finishing Han's sentence, "Smart." I turn to Finn, "I'm guessing you're here to get Rey?" I question with a cold look, he looks down.
    "Yeah." He says.
    "Come on." I say, putting my helmet back on, "I'll clear the way."
    "The longer we're here the less luck we're gonna have." Han says.
    "The shields. Do you know your way Finn?" I question, he nods.
    "I have an idea for the shields too." He says.
——
    A few minutes later we were hiding behind a wall, waiting as Captain Phasma walked down the hall, Chewie gave a small roar as he grabbed her, "You remember me?" Finn asks Phasma.
    "FN-2187." She said.
    "Not anymore." He said, "The name's Finn and I'm in charge. I'm in charge now, Phasma. I'm in charge." He said, trying to keep a steady face but broke into a smile. I rolled my eyes.
    "Bring it down. Bring it down." Han whispered to Finn.
    "Yeah." Finn whispered back, "Follow me." He said to Phasma, we snuck down the halls as I felt a familiar pull.
    "You guys keep going, I'll meet up with you." I said, breaking off I walked down the hall, following the pull, I walked down a hallway and near a hangar, I saw a flash of tan and brown. Rey. I quietly followed her. I walked closer to her and she spun around raising her blaster, I quickly pushed her into an alcove. "Rey stop!" I said, taking off my helmet.
    "Alex! She exclaimed, pulling me into a hug, I let out a small gasp of pain.
    "Careful!" I exclaimed, she quickly let go and then looked at me.
    "What did you do." She asked, he alcove was dimly lit so she couldn't see my face very well.
    "Nothing," I said, "I'm fine." She gave me a look, and was about to say something with I covered her mouth, pushing her against the wall as a squad walked by. I felt my face heat up and my heart start to pound, once the squad passed I let her go. "Sorry." I whispered.
    "It's fine." She said, sounding slightly breathless, I hadn't covered her nose too had I? I wouldn't have wanted her to pass out from lack of oxygen. I shrugged it off. Rey looked around the corner while I took off the armor, it was too bulky, now that I had Rey I needed to be able to move fast. I couldn't do that with armor weighing me down. Rey turned back, to see me with my arm stuck in the chestplate. I could never get these things off. She covered her mouth.
    "Not the time!" I said. She came over and undid the clasps holding together the piece. I gave a hiss of pain as she brushed over my side, a burn covered from the bottom of my rib cage to just below my hip, it was nasty, and hurt like hell when it was inflicted. "It's nothing!" I quickly said when she sharply glanced up at me. "Let's go." We quickly walked out of the alcove, turning into the top of the hanger, the floor dropped off in front of us as it opened into the hanger, we pressed ourselves into the corner of the wall, I could hear a squad coming up behind us and from a glance at Rey I knew there was a squad ahead too. We looked at each other. "Climbing time. I said with a small smile. Just like Jakku." I quickly led her over to the side and we moved down, climbing the drop into the hanger, she let out a gasp when she saw my face.
    "Alex..." she said, I shook my head and pointed up to many troopers. She glanced down and her eyes lit up, I followed her gaze, a lever sat in the wall, we maneuvered our way down to it and she quickly pulled it down, steam hissed out as a panel opened. I looked at her and motioned for her to go, I quickly followed as the panel hissed close, sealing us in complete darkness.