25 - An unsolved mystery

The most viewed video of our history is a footage of a Council session.

Where I proposed to Duncan.

Because it's so incredibly romantic. Me, kneeling down, then sitting on his lap, kissing, and so on.

It's the most popular thing since sliced bread. The president and the supreme commander forgetting where they are, because they're so much in love.

It makes people cry. It's played at weddings. It's referenced in books and movies.

There is only one question that doesn't let people's imagination rest.

What were we talking about during those fateful moments?

People are making guesses, trying to decipher the way our mouths move on the screen. It's not easy, because most of the time we are busy kissing. But Post-Earth folk are persistent. They never give up.

There are many theories.

The most popular one is that we are trying to find a way to reconcile our official duties and our personal lives, so that we can serve the growth of Post-Earth the best. But many people seem to think that I'm reminding Master Auberon of the heroic moment he decided to sacrifice his life for the sake of humanity, thus winning my affection. Or, quite the contrary, he's reminiscing about the fun times when I nearly died mapping, and he kept me anchored to the physical world, saving my life for the greater good.

And people are still coming up with new ideas day by day. They believe that the thing we talked about is the secret key to a long, stable, and prosperous marriage.

I kinda agree with them. We have grandchildren now, but I still have a few places to cross off my bucket list.