Epilogue

I'm telling you, going back to the mundane after an adventure filled mega-day-that-seemed-to-last-at-least-a-couple-of-years is impossible. After arriving home, it took me a day and a half to answer all my Instagram comments.

It was exhausting. I couldn't enjoy it at all. For the first time since I've started my career as an influencer, it felt like work.

The next day, I didn't feel like posting anything, so I just spent the day on my balcony, enjoying the fresh air, and admiring the sky and all the shining butterflies.

Yes, I can still see them. They're just as mesmerizing to my mortal eyes. They also make it impossible for me to resume my daily life.

I continue my posts, my schedule, even plan a new trip with Fifi for this summer, but it just doesn't feel like enough.

I have to do more. To mean more.

Fifi is by my side through all this, and she likes reminiscing about our adventure. She also picked up the task of fixing Butch up with a kickass presentation. But to her, it was just another business trip and she spends half the time complaining that we can't post anything on Instagram about it.

Me? I just feel... Empty. After sharing my soul with someone else, I'm feeling lonely. I hate it. I want to be independent. I want to conquer the world on my own. And I wish I could hear Damain's voice assuring me that I can.

But I meant it when I said I didn't want to date him. Not after what he did. Plus, what did he think? That I'd just fall at his feet? Just because he looks like a god? As if!

It takes me about a week to finally wake up and feel more like myself. Not the self I was before, but the self I was the day I walked out on Damian Bradely.

So, with new-found determination and Michelle Obama's Becoming Agenda, I find a comfy seat outside a bohemian cafe and start planning my future.

The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and there's a light, warm breeze in the air. I'm filled with optimism and excitement. I can do this. I can find a way to make the world a better place using my experience.

"Is this seat taken?"

I raise my eyes from my adorable agenda. I'm not exactly surprise to see Damian standing next to my table.

"Are you stalking me now or what?"

He shakes his head. For once, he's wearing faded blue jeans and a simple t-shirt. He still looks good enough to eat, but I'm pretty much over him by now.

"As a matter of fact, this is my favorite coffee place."

Huh. I didn't take him for the hipster-bio-coffee type, but I'm not going to judge so I just shrug.

"So, can I sit down?"

Right, he's still standing and actually awaiting approval. I nod with dignity and watch him as he sits with ease. I sort of miss having his unfailable body. As it turns out, I'm a little ditzy and actually bump into things fairly often when I'm not on heels. But I've started jogging and am taking a street dancing class to help with my overall grace.

"You look very beautiful."

He can bet his ass I do. With my sunny yellow summer dress with ruffles, my red sandals and half pony tail, I look like Belle. Which is the perfect Disney princess because she's smart and so am I.

"Thank you. You look nice as well."

"How have you been?"

Confused. Frustrated. Lonely. Optimistic. Determined. "Fine."