chapter 24

Mia's pov 

Since I woke up in the morning Jason couldn't stop talking on how excited to spend the day with his dad after school since he woke up very early and woke me up to help him get ready, when we were having breakfast someone knocked on the door so I went to check who would come this early morning and knock on my door and to say I was surprised will be me lying to myself. There he stood in all his glory grinning at me , ooh! how I would love to wipe that stupid grin off his face but I didn't. I left him standing by the door to go back to Jason who ran from the kitchen towards his father happy to see him. It was really nice to see this cheerful in the morning. "what are you doing here this early morning I thought you'll come later to pick Jason after he back from school". I said looking at him. he carried Jason then moved up to him which was way to close for my perspective "am taking him to school then picking him up later", "ooh! seems your trying to fit daddy roles into your schedule right now thats good then", he just smiled at remark. "if you doing that then I should tell Linda that your taking Jason to school and you can actually go now since he's already had his breakfast ". I moved to kiss Jason on the forehead, "bye baby and have fun with daddy okay!". then I looked at king. "the rules to this little date and I hope you would actually adhere to them okay . firstly no peanut he's allergic". "wow seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". It hit me that king was also allergic to peanuts, "well ha ha ha very funny but also no too much sugar he gets really hype ". which he nodded and said everything will be alright. 

I gave Jason another kiss in which King took this opportunity too, " Can daddy get a kiss too", I glared at him but Jason decided to take his father's side , "come on mummy give daddy a kiss please!". I sighed I knew If I refused he'll start asking a lot a questions and it just a kiss on the cheek no big deal!. I moved to give him a kiss on the cheek but he turned his head and my lips landed on his lips. I moved fast away like his lips had burned me while tracing my lips with my finger. "okay there's your kiss so now you should take Jason to school , come on honey go take your backpack". Jason jumped from his dad's arms to rush to his room to take his bag leaving me with him alone , I tried to move to get away from his but he was fast and held my arm to stop me from moving.

"you moved away from that kiss like I burned you. I get that you hate me but do I disgust you that much", he said but his voice was laced with hurt and another emotion I couldn't quiet put my finger on it. I turned to look at him, contemplating on what to answer him back. "you hurt me really bad king so don't expect me to go back running to you like nothing had happened so am sorry but for me to get over it will take more time than you think". "how long does it have to take for me to wait for you to forgive me huh!", "it gonna take long since even after the 7 years didn't do the trick". right on queue Jason came in a pulled he's dad so that they could leave for school with him saying bye to me.

I went to Linda's apartment we talked for a bit then I left to go to work , My boss was back and he was still trying to make a pass at me but It got me thinking maybe to get over King I should trying moving on maybe it would do the trick. "hey Mia could you come in my office for a bit okay!" , my boss called pulling me out of my thoughts. I went in and he asked for the details and assessments while he was gone. After I gave him what I needed , I excused myself but he stopped me. "listen thank you for taking care off my work while I was gone", "its no problem sir it is my job ", "listen I have told you a lot of times to call me by my name and to show my thanks I would like to take you to dinner today", "I would love to". he smiled and said he would pick me up from my apartment tonight for dinner. I went back to my office and did the rest of my work till the evening rolled in and I had to leave to get ready for the date.

I left the office and went back home to my surprise Jason and his dad were not back home and I had no way of knowing when they would be back home since I didn't get king's number, which is very stupid of me. I went to have a quick shower and got ready for the date. but the problem came to the attire to wear to the date. I haven't ever gone to a proper date before and right now am getting really nervous on what to wear and wished Linda was here to help me but she was still at work. as i scanned through my closet I came upon this dress which Linda had bought for me but never had the guts to wear it since it was really sexy and a little no me but hey this is me try to give in to a little change so let it be. the dress was black with a long front slit but also showed a little of my cleavage . I wore it a went up to at myself on the mirror and added a little makeup and some lipstick and I was done. I felt like it was a little too much but I just shrugged it off waiting for Nick to come pick me up.