chapter 27

Octavius' pov

The sleep was short lived since I heard Jason crying, am not a heavy sleeper and besides his room was practically across from ours. I untangled my self from her then left to go check on him. I rushed into his room worried from what might have happened. he was curled up at the far end of his bed with his arms around his knees while he cries, I rushed to his side to pull him into my embrace. After a while he had calmed down and stopped crying. "hey buddy what wrong?", he sniffed while wiping away the tears  from his eyes. "I had a nightmare and it was pretty scared so now am afraid to go back to sleep alone". I smiled  at him then carried him to the kitchen so he could have a glass of milk then back to our bedroom placing him next to Mia. I wasn't sleepy anymore so I covered them both with the sheets then left to go to my office so I could get some work down since am away from the office the work load is pretty big these days.

I was so engrossed with work that I didn't notice it was morning already not until Mia came in and knocked to get my attention. I looked up and saw her and she looked beautiful even in the morning. "hey", "Hey! when I woke up you weren't there but Jason was with me", "yah I woke up in the middle of the night he was having a nightmare so I placed him next to you but I decided not to go back to sleep since I wasn't sleepy anymore". she looked worried "hey! had a night mare but why didn't you wake me up I could have helped too". "you were tired and I didn't want to wake you so I let you sleep". she smiled at me, one of the things I loved about her was her smile. "thank you". but before I could answer Jason came running into the office and jumped on to me. 

"good morning daddy". I hugged him , "hey buddy morning so whats up?". he then smiled and looked at his mother then back to me. "please daddy could we go to the park today, I really missed going to the park". He didn't have to plead or beg me but I had fun forcing him and Mia to beg me. it was cutest and funniest thing ever.

I told them after I was done with some paper work then we could go, which took me like an hour then we got ready but since Jason was so excited he was the first one down waiting for us to be done. we both headed out and first had breakfast at a cafe then headed to the park.

Jason ran to join the other kids as they played in the park while we took our seats on the benches while keeping a close eyes on him from afar, Mia was looking at Jason while she leaned against me. I was really happy that she was already warming up to me.

"ummh! king what ever did you do to Leon". speaking of the little shit, a week back I had tip the police with a little evidence on some of the dark issues that he had going on with my luck turns out the police have been trying to pin him down for years but with my little help they can finally put him away for a long tome and won't have to worry about it, I hadn't checked to ask if the had that sorry excuse of a person was already caught. so I explained to her what happened but she just remained silent looking at me and said "aren't you worried that he might try something on us ". I dont think he'll try something that stupid but on second thoughts my attention went back to looking at Jason.

I think my mind is playing tricks with me, but I couldn't see him from the crowd of kids playing on the playing ground. "wait! where is he ?". I stood to go towards the playground as I called his name, but still couldn't find him. On the other hand Mia realized that he was missing because she was going ballistic as she called for him. 

Then there he was by the ice cream trunk but with his back to me. I sighed with relief jogging toward him as I bent to his level and pat his back, "buddy you got us so worried"but I froze when he turned to look at me. It wasn't my son but someone else and his mother came "excuse am sorry if my son was bothering you" his mother said. "no! he wasn't! and sorry but I gotta go". I stood to leave to go to Mia who was sitting at the benches crying her eyes out. she looked at me but when she saw that I was alone she went back to crying.

I hate seeing her cry and most especially now that our son was missing. I hugged but she only cried more on my chest. "am sure its him, he took my baby from him". "am sorry this is all my fault I should have been more carefully".It was very obvious that the kidnapper had taken my son and had already left while we weren't paying attention.

All my brain to pin the kidnapping to was back to Leon since he must have found out that I was the one that had fucked up his business and wanted payback. He must be trying to flee since I reckon he has no money right now and would try to make an exchange. thats is money for my son's life.

We left the park and headed straight home and I started making calls to some of my people to try and find where Leon might be hiding. I also called Ace since he was the Uncle and my most trust friends plus the boys too. I didn't want to involve the police right away. Am sure thats the last things Leon might want and I couldn't take any chances since it was my son and we are dealing with a psychopath.

Mia was still crying and it broke my heart. I promised myself I would never make her cry and here i was making her cry because of me. She was closed off and didn't want anyone near her. so I guessed calling her friend Linda would do the trick, which actually did but not before she yelled at me for losing her nephew and saying that she would have my balls if I didn't get him back in one piece. I left them so she could console her while I worked on finding our son. I had called most of my men who had arrived at the house to set up an operation to rescue my son. we set up the system and had my tech team ready in case the kidnapper would call.

While I was talking to Ace , my phone rang and it was an unknown number. I went to my office where the tech team tapped the call as I picked it up. "hello king I know you have tapped my phone but its useless since it will be impossible to track me. Listen I got your little runt with me and lets say he is really charming which is surprising since he is your flesh and blood and your just straight forward boring. Listen carefully king, you fucked up my life and now the police are after me. my accounts are all frozen so if you want your son back safe you give me 20 millions dollars in exchange for the kid. Am giving you 3 hours to get the money since you are filthy rich that wont be a problem for you huh!.I will text you the exchange point where you'll get you're kid and then transfer the money to my account. I don't want any police if you know whats good for the kid". he ended the phone call and he was right my tech crew could not be able to track his location.

I told Ace to get the money ready since if all he wanted was money for my son's safety okay i will give him what he wants. I left my office to go to the liquor room and pour my self a drink from the bar as I sat and thought waiting for the hours to pass by so I could get my son home and safe and finally rid Leon out of my life. I wasn't on planning on letting him go after he pulled such kind of stunt with my son especially if it regards his safety. I was going to make sure as soon as he was safe in my arms. I was going to make sure he pays even if it means killing him with my bare hands. Am finally going to end that son of a bitch and all the suffering he has caused in my life!

................................................................................................................................................................

thanks for reading this chapter and don't forget to vote.