Her Demon

~Killing me once wasn't enough...no, you just want to keep doing it over and over again.~

The next day, Tarzah, with much heaviness of heart, helped her pack.

They had two old horses-it was the only ones they could afford.

Tarzah escorted her all the way to the borders of Egypt.

Aria's heart was troubled within her.

Her hands shook by her side, she thought Egypt was behind her, that she would never have to see its ugly plains and villages again, but how could she not?

Her little brother was still there.

Her heart clenched.

'Eros.'

She'd had no choice but to leave without him, Aria tried to keep the fear and guilt at bay.

Tarzah held her hand and a sob escaped her lips.

She hugged Tarzah and held on to him as her life depended on it.

She didn't want to let go, she never wanted to let go.

Her heart broke as he gently removed her arms from around him.

She let out another sob.

"No, I can't." She told him shaking her head.

"You can Aria, you have to." He held her cheek looking into her distraught eyes.

"What if I never see you again? I don't know if I could-" She was caught off by his warm embrace.

"I know it's hard Aria, but you have to be strong. Remember Aria, your heart, is my home." He said into her ears.

After moments passed he tried pulling back but Aria held on to him for dear life.

"I love you Tarzah, I'll always love you. Thank you, thank you for taking me in, for loving me...a nobody." Aria's voice broke as the tears fell down her cheeks.

She hugged him tighter.

"I don't want to let go." She sobbed.

"Tarzah." She whispered.

Her body racked with pain-filled sobs.

Tarzah closed his eyes, as a tear fell down his cheek.

He pulled back and held her cheek, his eyes were filled with pain as he stared into her teary ones.

"As long as the sun rises and falls, and the ordinances of the heavens never change Aria..." He paused and gazed into her eyes.

"...my feelings for you will never change." He said softly.

Aria could see clearly the sincerity in his eyes, and her heart leapt happily in her chest.

"I'll never stop praying for you either, that you'll be safe, that you won't get hurt, that you'll succeed in the task God has given you." He kissed her forehead gently.

"I'll get going now." He gave her one of his dazzling grins and Aria's heart raced at his beauty-his soul.

Aria too got on her tiptoes and kissed him on his cheek, which made him blush-which in turn made her grin from ear to ear.

"I'll come back to you." She promised.

Tarzah stared into her eyes.

"I'll be waiting." He brought out something from his pocket.

"This is a seal of our promise." He said softly giving her a small bracelet.

Aria's eyes widened-it was his mother's.