Infiltrate

~You're all I see. I wish you would one day say the same for me.~

Aria didn't know the rebellion was that serious until after a few days. They'd burnt hectares of the plantation which had brought Egypt's economy to its knees. And the culprits were yet to be extinguished.

They found and executed a few that were caught, but those ones were just following orders.

Aria hadn't seen Akhenaten since the last time they spoke in the throne room.

Aria sighed softly.

Akhenaten himself along with his most trusted soldiers had gone to crush the rebellion.

She found herself praying for him but then Tarzah flashed in her mind and she felt a painful stab in her chest.

It hurt to think about him, she missed him but it seemed the longer she spent in the Palace, the more she saw Akhenaten, and the more Tarzah seemed to become more of a memory. And a pang of profound guilt lodged in her throat.

It was night time and the maids brought in her supper in a golden tray.

After which they'd left, Aria was about to rinse her hands in the silver bowl provided when her eyes caught a brown piece of paper that had been folded neatly underneath it.

She took the paper that looked more like a letter and unfolded it.

Aria,

I know it's been years since that fateful day you were sent away. For years, I searched for you, hoping to one day reunite us back, together-our family.
I know you're being held captive in that Palace, I know what that beast has done to you, has done to us. He killed Father and Mother and their bodies fed to the birds of the air.
I vow Aria that I will avenge them and save you from his prison. Do not be deceived Aria by his words, by his supposed allures. He is a destroyer of men, waster of nations and he will not hesitate to destroy you, Aria.
I have assembled enough men to war against Pharaoh, the captains of the army of Israel that fell away from Jerusalem during the great captivity are here with me.
Be strong Aria, stay alive until then. I love you.

Your little brother,
Eros.

Aria hadn't even noticed the tears that had fallen down her cheeks.

He was alive.

'Eros was alive!'

A hopeful laugh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes thanking God for protecting him all those years.

She wondered if she'd be able to recognize him. He must have grown.

A happy smile spread on her face in weeks.

But then, the smile fell when she recalled the other things he'd written.

Aria's eyes widened. He was going to infiltrate the Palace and rescue her.

Her eyes lowered.

'...I know what that beast has done to you, has done to us.'

'He killed Father and Mother...'

Aria knew Eros' intentions. He wanted to seek justice for their parents' death.

He would kill him.

The thought brought a pain in Aria's heart that shocked her.