chapter 8✔

(8th October 2026)

Axel woke up comparatively late considering he didn't sleep almost at all. Sunlight was pouring through the windows and Axel groaned not wanting to get up at all. He sat up groggily and flinched when sunlight hit his face and cursed at who left the curtains open.

"oh right! I was the one who opened the curtains yesterday." He thought and chuckled at his foolishness.

He went inside the bathroom and stared at the mirror before he remembered what happened the previous night. A blush rose on to his face and he tried to stop thinking about what he heard and what happened in their room because he'll get hard again. He took a cold-water bath, brushed and got dressed before deciding to go downstairs to eat breakfast.

As it was late in the morning, he expected Kai and Miles to be gone. They usually left early so he knew they'd be gone. But what he didn't expect when he reached the kitchen was two incredibly handsome guys, on the counter, making out with each other.

Axel averted his eyes and shook his head wanting to be anywhere but there. It was not that big of  a problem either. He was just so pissed that they never even considered if the guest in their house was comfortable with what was going on. "I need to stay away from them. They're really really bad for my health" Axel thought and cleared his throat and if they didn't see him there before, they definitely did now because they jumped apart so fast, if Axel would have just reached, he wouldn't have noticed.

Kai started blushing and hid in Miles's chest while Miles just smirked, his blue eyes deeply looking into Axel's eyes.

Axel feigned disgust (It wasn't fake) narrowed his eyes at themhis nger just elevating. They didn't even fucking apologise!

They were a couple of feet apart by the time he wore his indeferrent 'face' and were not facing each other. Instead Kai was arranging a plate of scrambled eggs, probably for Axel, and Miles was sitting on the counter top doing...nothing.

"We're not going to work today so I'll drop you off to work." Miles said facing Axel. He just nodded and sat down, very well knowing why they took their day off. He could see the slight limp when Kai was walking and the smirk on Miles's face whenever he looked at Kai's limping.

"Just make sure you don't be too loud next time. I couldn't sleep." Axel said before he could stop himself. 

Even Miles looked surprised by this. His and Kai's eyes widened as they looked at each other. "You heard us?" Kai asked in a horrified tone staring at Axel. "No Kai. You're an angel that never disturbed anyone's sleep. You were so quite I could peacefully sleep after seven fucking years yeaterday. Only because of you" Axel said, sarcasm dripping with every letter. Kai glared at him and then at Miles with an evident blush but his glare looked like the one which a mother would give her children when they steal cookies in the middle of the night.

Miles, who didn't get affected by the glare shrugged his shoulders before saying, "It was your fault. You looked too tempting to pass the chance."

"Oh good! Now you make out. Lord bless my eyes I need holy water." Axel said when Kai blushed after hearing Miles's statement.

 Kai muttered something along the lines of 'Drama Queen' and grabbed Miles' hand, dragging him out of the kitchen, leaving Axel to eat by himself.

Axel sighed and started eating. He couldn't lie by saying that he didn't feel jealous seeing them interact like that. He wanted to be held and cuddled, kissed and praised but is it really worth it?

His answer now...no it's not.

----------------------

Axel woke up with the sound of alarm blaring into his ears. He got up and checked the time, realizing he still has time to eat before going downstairs.

Kai and Miles who were sitting in the living room watching some movie turned to look at Axel when they heard him come down.

"Finally! We were waiting for you. I'm so hungry, let's have lunch." Kai cheered and ran into the kitchen and Axel followed.

"Then why didn't you eat already. You guys know that you don't have to wait for me." Axel muttered and joined the both of them.

"Well, it feels nice to have lunch together. So, I was waiting. Anyhow..." Kai started blabbering about some film he was watching but Axel was deep in thought. They waited for him because they felt nice to have lunch with him? They might have done it for formality but it didn't look like that. Kai's words seemed so genuine. A small smile threatned to show on his face but he quickly shook his head and intrenally smacked himself, disgusted with himself.

They broke him into pieces, ruined his life and now he's crawling back towards them again. Pathetic.

"Ok Axel stop. I don't know what's going on but you're thinking about it too much. Everthing will be alright." Kai said looking at Axel with a concerned expression.

"You don't know what's going on? How about you hijacking my life after ruining it? Or how about you claiming you still love me and then fucking your boyfriend right after? Want me to continue?" Words spilled out of Axel's motuh like a river. Atleast his words flowed unlike his tears.

Truly Pathatic.

"Axel, " Kai said with a sad expression looking like he was gonna cry any second.

"Sorry...I- " And now suddenly words froze in his throat and he just couldn't. It became too much. Usually looking at Kai filled so much warmth in him but today, somehow he felt he was better off not being here. He needed to leave as soon as possible.

Rest of the meal passed with heavy tention, nobody speaking more than required. Miles started driving with Axel to drop him in Walmart, both of them waiting for the other to break the scilence. It was obvious Miles was angry, probably at Axel for hurting his boyfrind but it couldn't bother Axel more. He needed to bail and he wasn't going to hesitate when he got the chance to. Or so he thought.

Finally, Miles did break the scilence but what he said made Axel feel like burying himself six feet unnder the ground.

"Kai's mother is visiting in a couple of days."

------------------------

Author's note:

Hey guys, I wanted to thank my friends,  cherry_o and   who always supported me and cheered for me.