Chapter 10✔

(18th October 2026)

IIt was about a week after Mrs. June visited and the tension present in their house was increasing by the minute. After Axel admitted that Victor died a couple of years after he moved, everyone present in that room were shocked is a way to put it in. They questioned him if he was alone all this time, without anyone to help him, take care of him, he just shrugged it off saying that he was fine by himself.

Not a single person believed him.

But, even though he tried his best to avoid them, Kai and Miles' behaviour significantly changed. They didn't bring up anything that's probably sensitive to Axel and they treate him like he were a prince. They stopped going out on dates (at least that's what he noticed) and insted started taking Axel along with them. It didn't even feel like he was third wheeling. They stopped cuddling or making out when he was there and started freindly conversations where Axel can participate as well. He didn't hear any noices from their bedroom too.

Another thing he noticed was that they didn't bring up Victor or what happend all those years he was elsewhere. Axel knew they can't avoid it forever but for now, it seemed for the best.

Kai and Miles, even though they stopped talking about stuff when Axel was there, had infinite questions. They tried to understand everything that happend but there were multiple missing pieces and the only one who can answer then was Axel.

But they didn't want to trouble him. They wanted him to stay comfortable in their house, even though he hates them.

Questions Like why did Axel come back if his uncle died? Why did he not tell them about Victor's death? What was the missing puzzle piece in his past that has made such a huge difference in how Axel behaved? Was Victor's death the only reason Axel changed so such? Did they have a part in Axel's suffering? And most importantly, what did Mrs. June and Axel talk in the kitchen? Their curiosity and genuine concern was eating them alive.

Though it's not like Axel didn't know they had questions. Anyone would when they weren't told something entirely.

Guilt for being harsh at Mrs. June was also bothering him too much and he even considered apologising to her but he didn't have her number. He could probably ask Kai or Miles but then they would ask why he wanted it and he's have to tell about the conversation in the kitchen.

He wasn't keen on telling that though.

On a beautiful Sunday, Once it was lunch time, he slowly climbed down the stairs and entered into the living room where both Kai and Miles who were talking in hushed whispers suddenly stopped murmuring and stared at Axel.

"Axel.... umm..." Kai mumbled not knowing what to say. He looked somewhat happy but confused, concerned and sad. Axel didn't say anything and sat on the opposite side of the couch staring at the TV.

"We need to talk to you now Axel...it's pretty important" Miles' voice shook as he said that, saprkign curiosity in Axel.

"Yah? What happend?"

"We...uh...we decided to call off our marriage"

What? "What?" 

Axel couldn't believe what he was hearing. They called of their marriage? Why? Because of him? Is it because they still love him? Or because they pity him? 

"We just... we really really love you Axel. It dosn't feel right to be here, get married while you're right in front of our eyes. It feels wrong. So, so wrong to this without you. It feels like something is missing our realtionship and that's you Axel. We love you...please don't leave us. Please..." It looked like a tear dripped from Miles' eyes as he told this, a despirate look on his face. He seemed sincere but...

"I don't know what sort of a trick this is. Are you trying to guilt trip me into joining your realtionship or something? Because it's not working. You can't just thow this at my face. Please don't play with my emotions like this-"

"Axel we're very really sorry.We're not trying to guilt trip yu into doing anything. It's you choice in the end but please...we still love you. We're really sorry. But I just don't understand. You were so different. You were outgoing, flirting with everyone and always giving positive vibes. We were dating for god's sake and I noticed how much you changed since then. Now you barely talk. You're quite and sad and look like your life doesn't mean anything to you. Why? Is it because of Victor's death? Is it because of us? We're so so sorry. I know the amount of sorrys aren't going to change anthing but we're confused Axel. I can't bear to look at you like this, hurting yourself like this. Please...  Why did you not seek anyone for help? Please tell us the truth Axel." Miles straight ahead started asking questions, the guilt and regret in his eyes can be seen by anyone.

Axel tensed, eyes stinging as he hears every word Miles said. He couldn't take it anymore. Lying to himself as well as everyone did him no good. "Axel..." Kai muttered his voice filled with doubt. It was obvious that Miles hit a delicate topic seeing that Axel teared up as soon as he heard the words but Kai didn't think he was ready to face the consequences. Which he was not.

"You want to know why I didn't tell anyone huh? Why I changed? Well, I moved from here all those years ago because I loved you. The both of you. I expected a happy and a healthy relationship between the three of us but guess what? That was broken before we even got into a relationship. It hurts so bad. It still does.. that day I was going to confess my love to you, you made it the worst day in my life. I moved because I couldn't see you anymore. And then, Victor died. In one day, I had no one left. My only friend, gone. My boyfriend, gone. My one and only family, gone. Suddenly I had no one left. It hurt okay. I hoped for such a beautiful future but that turned into sleepless nights and endless breakdowns. I gave up on everything after that. How could I have told you about Victor's death. You would just see me with pity. I know you'll only pity me, not love me. But do you know why I came back? Because I'm done running from all my problems. Even now, after everything that happened, after I got know you're getting married, after you hurt me so bad, I need the closure. I'm not going to let you step on me anymore." By the end o Axel's little speech, Kai and Miles stood shocked staring at Axel. The last few sentences were merely above a whisper and Axel had tears rolling down his cheeks. 

And suddenly, he felt a pair of lips on his.