𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Tabbi
{Also yes I'm bringing back Soft Smoke™ bc I love him sm}

I followed Kuai to his quarters, confused as to why he needed me to come so urgently.

Kuai motioned to Sektor's severed head. "Watch this," He pressed a button close to Sektor's eye, and a hologram appeared in front of us. I took an instinctive step back.

"Just watch," Kuai whispered.

The hologram showed Quan Chi, talking to Sektor, about the murder of the Shirai Ryu clan. My eyes widened.

Bi-Han didn't kill Scorpion and his family. Quan Chi did.

"We have to tell him," I spoke. "He deserves to know the truth,"

"He does, yes," Kuai nodded. "But there is a bad part. If I were to invite him here, certain members of the clan-"

"And by certain, you mean Frost," I rolled my eyes. "She would freak out if she knew you were thinking of inviting Scorpion here,"

"Exactly my point," Kuai nodded. "When I invite him here I intend to keep our meeting private. Unless you would like to come along?" Kuai asked.

"Of course I'll come," I replied. "I think I owe him an apology,"

"We both do," Kuai nodded, sadly. "You may get back to bed now,"

"Actually," I said, nervously. "I have to tell you something.... And you have to promise me you won't be mad when I tell you this,"

"What did you do?" Kuai crossed his arms. "Tabbi?"

"I didn't do anything," I held my hands up in defense. "Sareena, she's...she's helping Smoke regain his humanity,"

"Why would I be angry about that?"

"Because..." I trailed off. "During these past few months...Smoke has been, um, travelling between here and the Netherrealm," The last part came out really quiet, but I knew Kuai heard every word.

Kuai wasn't one to yell. He never raised his voice unless he needed to. Unless it was absolutely necessary. Kuai was surprisingly calm. He didn't even look mad, or upset in the slightest. He did, however, look confused.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kuai questioned. Actually, the look on his face didn't look as confused as it did hurt.

"I thought you'd be mad. I thought you'd think Smoke was trying to hurt me,"

"I'm more mad that you didn't say anything to me," Kuai uncrossed his arms, and shifted his weight awkwardly. "but, I must ask, Tabbi. How do you know that Quan Chi isn't asking Enenra to put on an act for you?"

I opened my mouth to respond, but Kuai continued.

"How do you know Quan Chi isn't using Smoke as a pawn, to toy with your emotions? Quan Chi is bad, but he is smart. He knows that you would put your own life back on the line to get Smoke, and everyone else back,"

"Smoke was my best friend, Kuai," I replied. "I know him better than anyone. And I know he's not putting on an act for Quan Chi,"