Chapter 6: Under Attack

Back in America, the Guardians and Jack ended up in Jamie's town and as per usual, spread out to gather teeth. The Tooth fairy and the winter spirit both found their way at the boy's house.

The fairy took the tooth and examined it while Jack was staring at one particular drawing of Jamie flying on the sleigh, his friends beneath him cheering. "Left central incisor, knocked out in a freak sledging accident. I wonder how that could have happened, Jack?" she asked him.

"Hehehe, kids, huh?" he said and turned to look at her.

Tooth smiled, spun a coin between her fingers and slipped it under the pillow, then hovered over Jamie. "This was always the part I liked most...seeing the kids. *Crosses her arms* Why did I ever stop doing this?"

"Hm. Looks a little different up close, huh?"

"Thanks for being here, Jack," she said as she flew towards him. "I wish I'd known about your memory. I coulda' helped you"

"Yeah, well, look let's just get you taken care of, then it's Pitch's turn"

"I still have priority to that," a voice said as Thanatos materialized in the room and looked at the sleeping boy.

North appeared right after, trying to squeeze in through the window. "Here you are! *Groans as he finally gets into the room, Sandman in tow*"

"Ssh!" Tooth said and then pointed at the sleeping Jamie.

North noticed and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Oh! What gives, slowpokes? How you are feeling, Toothy?"

"Believed in" she replied the Grimm reaper smiled faintly, still with her hood down.

"Hah! That's what I want to hear"

Bunny suddenly came up from a hole. "Oh, I see how it is. All working together to make sure the rabbit gets the last place"

Tooth & North shushed him while Jack smirked.

"Uh, you think I need help to beat a bunny? *Pulls out his bag* Check it out, Peter Cottontail!" he said.

"You call that a bag'a choppers? *Pulls out his bag which is bigger* Now that's a bag'a choppers"

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, this is about Tooth, it's not a competition *slams his giant sack on the floor* but if it was, I win! YEE-HA!!" North said and started to dance around.

Suddenly a light clicked on in their faces and everyone turns to look at the now awake Jamie who was pointing at them with his flashlight. 

The boy gasped and placed the light on each one of them. "Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Sandman, the Tooth Fairy! I knew you'd come!"

"Surprise! We came!" she replied and chuckled.

"He can see us?" Jack asked surprised and with a hint of happiness.

"Most of us," Bunny said, his voice low and not liking to remind Jack his condition.

To make things worse, Jamie tried to shine the light where Bunny was looking, but it did not illuminate Jack.

"What about Thanatos?" he asked, his voice low and looked at the young woman.

"Only those who are dead can see me" she replied, her voice a mere whisper as the whole fact hurt her. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it for reassurance as if she had sensed his emotions and read his thoughts or needed a moment of comfort.

"Ssh, you guys! He's still awake!" Tooth reminded them.

"Sandy, knock 'im out!" Bunny ordered and the said Guardian pounded his fists together while Jamie looked confused. "With the dream sand, ya' gumbies!"