𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

Chapter Seven 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"What happened to him?"

Zipporah stood in the Council Chambers, peering over the corpse of one of the Council members who had suddenly dropped dead before her eyes.

It was the first death she had ever seen where the body had turned completely white with a pattern of blue veins marked on the skin. However, she knew that whatever caused it, was certainly not any disease or sickness.

"I don't know, My Queen," answered Gaius, "it's the second case I've seen today."

Uther sent the man a sharp look, angered about not having been consulted earlier. "Why didn't you report it to me?"

"I was attempting to find the cause."

Although his words rang true, Zipporah could tell that Gaius was holding something back. In his voice, she could sense that he seemed almost reluctant to speak much on the matter.

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚠)

"What did you conclude in your finding?" She inquired with a knowing look

Gaius glanced at Uther before hastily replying, "I don't think it's time to hurry to conclusions. The scientific process is a long one."

That time Uther had also sensed that there was more to the issue than Gaius was willing to share. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously and asked, "what are you concealing?"

"Sire, I have seen nothing like it. The victims are dying in twenty-four hours, and it's spreading fast."

His worried tone and vague behaviour confirmed Zipporah's initial suspicions.