𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗥𝗲𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻

Chapter Eighteen 𝚁𝚎𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗

"I detest coming down here

"I detest coming down here." The firm complaint rebounded off the walls of the cave, making the statement even more prominent.

"It's like something out of your nightmares," continued Zipporah, glaring bitterly at the dark pathway before her.

A light chuckle elicited from Merlin, who was waking only a little ahead of her, holding up a torch.

"I know what you mean," he mused. "The first time I came down here, I thought I was heading straight into a murder scene."

Zipporah smirked but remarked, "don't jinx it. I don't trust that dragon. I bet you that if he was in the mood, he wouldn't hesitate to barbecue us with that fire breath of his."

"I wonder what it would be like to be roasted by a dragon," voiced Merlin, his nose scrunched as he thought. "I can't think it would be pleasant."

"It would hurt. A lot."

Merlin smiled as he thought of something else. "Maybe we should let Arthur test it out."

He turned his head to glance back at Zipporah, who had broken out into a loud giggle. He felt pride in his heart at the thought that he had made her laugh. He always liked to hear her laugh, it was a beautiful sound.

Their amused titters drew to a gradual close when they reached the familiar clearing, and they lifted their eyes in search of the great creature.

They did not have to wait very long, as the sound of flapping wings hit their ears and within a second, the dragon was sitting before them, on his usual perch. Then, he let out a deafening roar, making the two humans jump back and hold onto each other's arm.

"Do you have to do that?" Whined Merlin, clutching his chest. "You scared the life out of me."

Zipporah muttered, "almost gave me a heart attack."

The dragon made no acknowledgement of their complaints, but simply greeted them nonchalantly.

"The royal Queen and the young Warlock. No doubt you are both here about the Druid boy."

Merlin peered at him quizzically. "How did you know that?"

"Like you, I hear him speak."

"Why does he call me Emrys?" Asked Merlin.

"Yes, and what's the whole Ambrosia thing about?" Added Zipporah, hands on her hips.