𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 ♔ 𝗗𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗚𝗼

Chapter Fifteen 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝙶𝚘

(𝚉𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛)

"Yes! That's how you do it!" At the loud exclamation, Gaius looked to Merlin in surprise, startled by the sudden noise.

Merlin gestured to an empty tank sitting on one of the tables, appearing extremely prideful.

"That is how you polish a leech tank!"

Gaius stared at his apprentice, as though temporarily questioning his sanity. "You must be very proud of your accomplishment, Merlin," he drawled sarcastically.

"I am!" Declared the boy excitedly, a pleased grin on his face. "It took me hours to do that."

Sighing at the realisation that Merlin has taken him seriously, Gaius returned his attention to his book, choosing to ignore Merlin as he continued to praise his own handiwork.

"I mean, I didn't think I could do it with all those creatures crawling around me-"

Gaius rolled his eyes as his concentration was blown. "Merlin."

"But I did- and I did it without even throwing up once-"

"Merlin!"

Said boy closed his mouth and turned to Gaius, caught off guard by the abrupt raise of the man's voice.

"If you hadn't noticed, with all your skills of perception," Gaius droned, "I am trying to read."

"Oh, sorry," apologised Merlin. He motioned his hand to his mouth and added, "my lips are sealed."

Gaius only nodded in reply, correctly assuming that the promise would no doubt, be broken again.

Merlin rattled his fingers against the tank, glancing around the room with boredom, until he grew too restless staying in silence. He positioned himself behind Gaius, peering over his shoulder curiously.

"What are you reading?"

Gaius closed his eyes in brief frustration. "It is something very important, and I need quiet to read it properly."