Chapter 9: Kingdom of Witches

"Y-yui, wake up. Can you hear me? Yui!" I heard someone shouted.

"Open your eyes, Yui! Quit sleeping."

"I can't believe a newbie like you is so weak. I thought you completed the mission without getting hurt."

"Yui, wake up! The captain will arrive here any minute now."

"W-why is my healing magic not working? I don't want to see her like this. The curse is spreading quickly throughout her body."

I heard them talking.

Where am I? Am I in my room? It's so comfy and cold.

I forced my eyes to open but it only opened for a second.

I'm inside my room and my cape...

"P-please don't l-look," I whispered.

Why did they remove my cape? They're staring at my body! I feel too weak to move and cover my body.

"Now is not the right time to feel shy about your... clothes. Is that even a cloth? It's only covering her--"

"SHHHH! Steve, shut your mouth. The only thing we should worry about is her condition," I heard Alyssa said. "Right?" She added.

No one answered. "W-why are your faces all red!? Stop thinking dirty stuffs!" Alyssa shouted.

I can't move nor speak. I feel so weak and I feel like my blood and soul is draining. I want to have some rest, I'm so exhausted.

Yuno's POV

Tss, why is her clothes like that? It's showing too much skin. I want to wrap her in bandages to look like a mummy.

"W-why are your faces all red!? Stop thinking dirty stuffs!" Alyssa shouted.

Psh, I'm not thinking about dirty stuffs. Seeing her like that disgusts me. It's not even attractive.

"Yui, hey wake up!" Alyssa shouted.

I stared at Yui's wound and the curse is getting larger and larger. It's like the curse is crawling like a worm throughout her body. It's slowly killing her.

Plus, the way she fought earlier... she looks like a beast fighting a demon. Her face changed, her eyes were full of anger and pain. And the way she whispered those words to Malice gave me chills. What are you exactly, Yui? The way you stabbed Malice multiple times looks like you were having fun, you looked like you enjoyed killing her.

"The captain is here," Ethan said.

"What happened to her?" The captain asked.

"She was stabbed by a katana full of curses, Captain," Ethan said. "Malice did this to her."

The captain walked towards Yui's bed then he stared at her wounds and curses.

"You know curses can never be avoided, and none of us can remove it," Captain said.

"Does that mean--"

"Yes, in a span of 3 days, she'll die," captain said.

What? No. I know there is a way.

"B-but--"

"She'll die if you will keep her here in the Kingdom of Mages," the captain said.

We were all shocked.

"Where do curses come from?" the captain smiled.

"W-witches!" We all shouted in chorus.

"Go now, you should hurry or she'll die. Find Aurora Thornheart, she's one of the Arcane group of witches, she can help you."