Chapter 28: Liris

"K-kingdom of Darkness?" I gulped.

The moment I heard that "kingdom of darkness", I already knew that my enemy will be really powerful and it will not be that easy to defeat her.

"Yes, do you have any problems with that? You can say no if you can't do it," the captain smiled.

"N-no, I mean it's okay. I-I can do it," I smiled awkwardly.

"Then that's great!" the captain said, "Get yourself ready first then after preparing for the battle, you can now leave," he added.

"Yes, captain!" We all saluted then he left the room.

I hugged Yuri tighter.

I really hope I can survive, please. This sooo frustrating!

"Yui? Are you okay? Do you need someone to come with you there?" Alyssa asked.

"No, no, I'm okay. I'm fine, it's just that I... *sighs* Nothing," I said.

Then I felt someone sat beside me, "Yui, promise me you'll come back here alive," Yuno said then he held my hand.

I held his hand tightly, "I... hope," I whispered.

"Promise me!" He shouted.

"I-I promise!" I was shocked he suddenly shouted at me. Jeez.

"You can do it, Yui! I know you can!" Steve said.

"Tsk, you better come back here alive or else I'll kill you," Felix said.

Huh? What?

Then they laughed except for Yuno.

"If you come back here alive, I'll let you borrow one of my eyeglasses," Ethan said as he pushed his glasses to his nose.

"Ah ha-ha, I appreciate that," I laughed awkwardly.

"Ethan, no one wants your eyeglasses," Alyssa chuckled then we all laughed.

----

I'm currently here in the garden, just thinking some random things.

Am I allowed to escape if I can't kill her? What if the captain got mad at me for escaping? Huhu, I don't want to disappoint the captain.

Please, boney-guy from my dreams, please help me. Please protect me, please.

"Are you ready?" Someone talked behind me.

I looked at him, "Yuno? Why are you here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk to you before leaving," he said.

"Talk about what?" I asked.

"If you think you can't defeat your enemy, please just escape. I want you to come back here alive," he said.

I chuckled, "Yuno, why don't you just trust me? Even though I'm doubting myself too," I said.

Then he patted my head, "I'm sorry, I take back my words. I trust you so come back here immediately," he said then he smiled.

I think I can win because of his smile >_<

I smiled, "I will."

Then suddenly, he kissed my right cheek, near my lips.

"Just a good luck charm," he said.

I can feel my face blushing >_< Eeeeek! Stop that Yuno, my heart is starting to get louder again.

"I-I-I-I..."

"You don't have to say anything. I just want you to do your best and just like what the captain said, surpass your limits," he said.