Part I

Yaay sequel is here! :D if you somehow skipped past the part before this, this is a sequel to 'A Twist of Fate', so if you're here and you haven't read that please read that first :)

Yup, we hope you like this, and also, I'm really long winded but we think its really cool that you guys liked ATOF and we hope this was sorta what you expected in a sequel :)

~~~

Early December 2014

“This thing is so bloody warm and irritating!” Zayn scowled, tugging at the black material of his graduation gown. They had just gotten off the stage after the graduation ceremony, which involved some strange process of having your hand shaken and then being told some things in Latin that was apparently school tradition. Louis was almost sure he was supposed to understand whatever he had been told, but he didn’t, and when he asked Zayn, the brown-eyed boy just shrugged, equally as clueless.

The two of them hung around inside the auditorium for a while, watching the other students and teachers mingle but neither of them really feeling like getting into the crowd themselves. Two years had flown by in the blink of an eye – it was such a clichéd and overused phrase, but true nonetheless. “So what are you going to do now that we’re officially done with school?” Louis asked, sitting down on one of the chairs by the side of the room.

Zayn shrugged, opening his mouth to say something, but stopping short as he spotted Mr. Evans walking towards both of them. He stood up hastily, nudging Louis beside him to do the same. Unfortunately, despite the two years that had gone by, Louis and Zayn’s (but more of Louis’) relationships with the teacher hadn’t gotten very much better at all. Louis still found some way to make stupid remarks about the lesson or Mr. Evans under his breath while all the while being able to answer his questions, much to Zayn’s utter disgust and disbelief.

“Louis, Zayn,” He nodded to them as he approached, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. “Well, congratulations.” The teacher extended a hand and they both shook it, after which he promptly shoved it back into the pocket of his black dress pants.  “It was good to teach you,” he muttered gruffly, and Louis bit back a laugh, nodding while Zayn managed a sincere “Thank you, we learnt a lot.”

“Yes, Mr. Malik, it was a joy teaching you. And Mr. Tomlinson too. All the best, boys,” he replied, walking away and leaving Louis practically gawking after him.

“Your jaw is going to hit the ground soon Louis. Stop staring after him like a lovesick fool!” Zayn pulled his friend back down on the seat, and Louis turned to him in shock. “Did you hear that? He actually called us ‘Louis’ and ‘Zayn’ for once right there! Not on last name bases anymore,” Louis grinned ecstatically. “And I thought he hated us!”

Zayn shrugged. “Poor guy is like a walking contradiction. Despite his actions, I’m pretty sure he did love us, we were fantastic students,” he joked, earning a slap on the shoulder from Louis. “Don’t be stupid! What were you saying just now before he came over?”

“Oh. Work. I guess we’ll all be going out to work, won’t we?” Zayn rubbed at the back of his neck, frowning. “Although I’m considering going back to England for a while. Or maybe I’ll return there permanently and get a job, I’m not really sure. I’ve got a while to think about it anyway, what about you?”

“Going back?” Louis questioned, ignoring Zayn’s earlier question entirely. “That’s a good idea, isn’t it?” He mused. He could take his family back for a short holiday, and maybe a visit back to South Shields, just to see how everything had changed. After all, his sisters probably didn’t have much of an impression of their old home or anywhere in England at all, since they hardly travelled very far. Louis was sure his mother wouldn’t mind indulging them all just this once.