Epilogue

The last last last part of Chances/the entire ATOF series thingy, we hope you like it :)

~~~

“Told you we’d meet soon.”

 Louis’ eyes flew open at the familiar voice, because he just didn’t think it was Harry. Maybe he was just imagining things. Louis turned around, half expecting to see no one; half hoping his ears didn’t deceive him. He was met by twinkling, green eyes.

“Hi,” Harry gave Louis a very dimpled grin.

“Harry, what are you doing here?! Oh my god!” Louis exclaimed, perhaps a little bit too loudly, because a strange bearded old man across the aisle gave him a disapproving look as if to question why he was using the Lord’s name in vain.

“I’m here because I want to be, and because of very obvious reasons,” Harry replied simply, as if it really was that obvious. “Now before you start going all dramatic again to everyone on this flight, can we please move to where I sit?”

“Isn’t there anyone sitting there though?”

“Yes because I would totally let you sit on another guy’s lap,” Harry smirked, his voice practically dripping with sarcasm. He bent down and set his mouth at Louis’ ear. “Besides, I think the guy beside you doesn’t appreciate our flirting very much,” Harry whispered, his warm breath tickling Louis’ ear.

Louis turned his head slightly to look at the man next to him. He had a hand on his forehead; eyes clenched shut, shaking his head as if in disgust. Louis gave Harry a sheepish grin and unbuckled his seatbelt. He followed the curly-haired boy to his seat, which was, amazingly, only four rows behind.

“After you,” Harry held out his hand as if to usher Louis to his seat. Louis snorted, but sat down anyway and buckled his seatbelt. Beside him, Harry was eyeing him with a raised brow.

“Why are you looking at me like that? Is there anything on my face?!” Louis asked in horror. He touched his face self consciously, rubbing at the nonexistent “something”.

“Why are you putting on your seatbelt?” Harry asked, as if he was mocking Louis. “What! One can’t be too safe!” Louis protested, pouting.

Harry raised his hands in mock surrender. “Whoa, okay, sorry, I’ll buckle up too then!” He slipped on the seatbelt, but Louis thought he still sounded like he was teasing Louis.

“So why are you here? You haven’t answered me yet.” Louis placed his hand on Harry’s thigh.

“Like I said, because I wanted to. And I couldn’t just let you leave without me, could I?” Harry made it sound like it was the most apparent thing ever. “Anyway, my mum said it was okay, said I could stay in New South Wales forever if I wanted to,” Harry grinned.

“Oh, but wait, I thought you had to graduate! Oh my god, what if you can’t be a lawyer anymore?!” Louis exclaimed a little too loudly. He looked around and saw that no one was staring at him this time, thank goodness.

“I just graduated! I even have that graduation certificate scroll thingy in my bag now! Do you want to see it?” Harry grinned excitedly. He reached for the bag under the seat in front of him, but Louis stopped him. “No! What do you mean you just graduated? Like, just just?”

“Yes, just just! After you entered the departure hall, I just sped off to school. I missed like half the ceremony but whatever, my last name starts with an S anyway. So yes, I arrived at school, put on that gown thing and the cap and I got on the stage podium thing and received my certificate. I didn’t even stay for the throwing of the cap into the air thing!” Harry rambled, pouting sulkily at the end, like he really wanted to get to throw the cap.

“Oh and before you ask where I got my luggage or how I hid it from you, I’m friends with the lunch lady and she kept it for me in the kitchen so I could grab it and go! I even got some French fries and a little hug from her! Connections, eh? Then my mum sent me here again, just in the nick of time. She’s got some mad driving skills,” Harry winked cheekily.

Louis couldn’t help but laugh. He couldn’t believe how well thought through Harry’s plan was, and most of all he couldn’t believe that Harry did all of that for him.

“Goodness, you’re such a genius sometimes I wonder why I even know you.” Louis shook his head.

“Because it’s fate and our lives were linked the moment we were born. It’s written in the stars, babe,” Harry swung an arm over Louis’ shoulder as he used his free hand to “paint” the imaginary sky in front of them.

“You are so ridiculous,” Louis smiled fondly and ruffled Harry’s curls affectionately. Harry leaned into Louis’ touch like a little kitten or something. Even if Harry was the most ridiculous person ever, Louis wouldn’t ever mind. Because he was his ridiculous Harry, for now at least, and that was all that mattered.

Louis liked this; being able to be together, to have fun without any worries at all. But even if Harry said that Anne wouldn’t mind if he stayed in Australia forever, Louis just knew that at some point, Harry was going to miss home, and he was going to leave Harry. Louis just didn’t think that they were forever.

“I don’t mean to be a party pooper but, how long are you going to stay?” Louis asked, still massaging Harry’s curls. But the latter sat upright at looked at the blue-eyed boy.

“You don’t think I’m going to leave you or something, do you?”

Louis bit his lip. Yes I do, I don’t think we’re going to be forever and always, he thought, but whatever he thought he didn’t say. “No…” Louis replied unsurely, but Harry didn’t think much of it.

“Well good, ‘cause I’m not going anywhere, not even when the sky is falling!” Harry grinned, all dimpled and happy and adorable. “But anyway, to answer your question, I’ll stay as long as you want me to. Although I don’t think I’d leave very willingly even if you asked me to.”

Louis didn’t have anything good to say to that, so he just smiled at Harry, crinkles showing at the corners of his eyes. He leaned on Harry’s shoulder and shut his eyes contentedly.

 And Louis didn’t know, but that was Harry’s favourite smile in the entire world.

~*~