F O U R

George's eyes flew over his own handwriting, he corrected some words or added a dot to the 'i' or a dash to the 't'. The words were hard, but the truth. Nora built a story around the 'blank canvas', leading it to scary thoughts about the future. She still didn't remember anything of the time she was in Dubai. George had mixed feelings about it, he was glad she didn't remember it happen, but he was upset with the fact she didn't remember it.

Damien entered the room, looking at Nora's chart. "So, Nora, how are you doing?" He didn't look at the girl when asking the question. It stayed silent for too long for his liking. He looked up from the tablet. "Oh, I'm sorry."

Nora was asleep, she was leaning against George to have a more comfortable position.

George looked at the therapist. "It's fine," he said back and closed the notebook.

"For how long is she been sleeping?" Damien asked and shut down the tablet, that wasn't relevant anymore.

George looked at her, she seemed so peaceful... "For twenty minutes, I think."

"Okay." Damien's eyes fell on the notebook. "Did she write? Or drew anything?" He was surprised to see a notebook, especially after the tests he did this morning.

"No, she said she couldn't write. She spoke, and I wrote."

"Aha, I see. I did some tests this morning, and her muscles are too weak to do things such as writing, drawing, standing, walking etcetera. Did she ask you anything about what happened?" Damien told him.

George shook his head, not really. "Well, she thinks it was an accident what brought her in a coma, but she doesn't know for sure, she doesn't remember it. But she's smart, and it's quite sequacious to think it's an accident since her last memory is the flight to Abu Dhabi, to race," he honestly told him.

"Hmm, yeah, that's true. But don't confirm it yet, unless she remembers it." Damien licked his lips. "I've seen it happening, poor girl."

"It was awful," George mentioned. "But why hiding the truth?"

Damien deeply inhaled. "It's a method. The thing is, Nora doesn't remember the last few days and with giving away all the moments and facts..." He looked away. "It is part of the process to leave it up to Nora for getting it back herself."

George squeezed his eyebrows together, that's just nonsense. "Okay," he mumbled confusedly.

"It will get back, George. The long road just started, and it's important to support her. Nora was a healthy, sporty girl, and she has to get it back with patience and exercises, she will get there. We have to be glad that she's back and fine."

"I know."

"This was my last stop before going home, I will leave you two alone. Nora knows we have an appointment tomorrow. Good night, George." The smile on Damien's face was forced.

George nodded and looked back at Nora. "Thanks, you too," he said and softly smiled.

Damien was about to exit the room, but he stopped in the door opening. "Oh, and George? If she remembers anything but the facts are not right, don't correct her. It's part of the process," he said before he left.

"Cheers," George said. It's part of the process.

He leaned his head to the back and let it rest on the pillow. Was this his fault Nora was in this situation? Could he prevent the situation? Nora was laying against him, snuggling even more against him. She looked so tired and upset. George opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling, I could have prevented this.

Just when he thought he could think again about life, a nurse entered the room. He looked at the nurse and faked a smile. "Hello," he said.

"I don't want to disturb you, but visitors hour is over. Tomorrow is another day, sir," the nurse mentioned. "You have to leave, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, of course, give me five," he politely said. The nurse nodded and walked away. George deeply sighed, he didn't want to leave. "Nora," he softly said and stroked a piece of blonde hair behind her ear. Her eyes slowly opened, they looked at George. "I have to go, I will see you soon, okay?"

The only reaction he got was a nod, meaning she wasn't fully awake. She turned away from him.

George got up and took on his shoes and coat. He wrote a short note he had to leave and that he will visit her soon. Standing next to her made him feel powerless. All he could do was watching her getting back to how she was before it all happened. And support her, of course. He smiled and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before turning away from her. It was already dark outside; the cold, dark winter nights were a thing in England.

"Have a nice evening," George mentioned to the nurse.

"You too, young man," she replied.

"Nora, wake up."

"Hmm."

"Wake up."

Nora let out a deep sigh, and she pressed her face in her pillow. She started to realise she was at the hospital, so there was someone who needed to speak to her. A groan left her mouth. She turned her face to the side and faced her father.

"Good evening, sleeping beauty," her father smirked. "Slept well?"

She didn't notice George in the room. "Where's George?" Her voice was raspy.

"Not here?" Hugo sat down on the stool and looked around in the room again. "Was he here today?"

It took her a few minutes before she had the strength to turn on her back and sit up. Her eyes fell on the plate, what was standing on the table; dinner. "Yeah, but whatever," she mumbled. On the menu tonight: veggies, mashed potatoes and chicken, as dessert: a chocolate pudding. "Where's Aubrey?"

"Out with friends, she needed some time off after those weeks of stress," Hugo told her. "She will come by soon, she hoped you wouldn't mind."

She shook her head. "It's fine, it's not I can handle more people," she yawned. "And I missed Christmas and New Year, bloody amazing." The discovery of being in a coma for a month didn't do anything right. She found the note go George. "George left," she mentioned and showed him the note.

"I know," Hugo said and pressed his lips into a thin line. He nodded. "We will celebrate it when you're home, twice as big." A weak smile spread on his face. He was observing his daughter, who was staring at the plate with food. "Are you not hungry? You have to eat, sweetheart."

A heavy sigh rolled over her lips. "I'm not hungry," she admitted. "But dad. If I got dinner, and George had to leave, meaning visitor hours are over. How did you get here?"

Her dad raised his eyebrow. "Because I can do whatever I want," he playfully smiled. "No, I asked for it and they agreed with me to visit you after dinner," he said. Hugo didn't want het daughter to be alone, not after being in a coma for a month. It was for a few days, that was the deal.

Nora nodded and grabbed the fork of her plate. She groaned and put it back on the plate. "Everything hurts."

Hugo leaned towards her and grabbed her hand. "Try to relax, love," he said and squeezed softly in her hand. He could read the fear of her face. "It's fine, you're safe now."

Nora's vision became blurry; it was difficult for her to see clearly. "I'm scared." She sniffed quietly, tears were threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Why, sweetheart? What's wrong?"

"What if I get a stroke? Or what if I get a cerebral haemorrhage? Or a heart attack?" Nora asked, her voice cracked. "Because that happens all the time."

Hugo rubbed with his thumb over her hand. "It won't happen, I promise. Those things happen in shows for more sensation. We have the best doctors here, and they all have an eye on you. Nora, it won't happen," he assured her.