Chapter One

The bell screaming, echoing throughout the classroom gives me a quick start. My eyes shoot open; pushing back the hair that had fallen back into my face, I close my notebook and briskly shove my way out of the crowded sophmore English room. Beat the hallway rush and high school will be much easier. JUST MY LUCK! I have friends waiting for me at my locker.

"Look who it is!" Kimberly, the school bitch smirks and turns to giggle with her bitch squad. I lick my lips and slowly make my way over to where all three of them stand laughing and pointing.

"Hey Tweety Bird, where'd you get those clothes?" One yells.

"Good Will!" Another chokes out and they all three break out into their high-pitched Barbie cackles. I feel my ears burn and the confidence I had left souring down lower than the number of friends I have. I wear the same thing everyday; light blue boot cut jeans, an over-sized sweater, and my grey chucks. I turn and speed-walk to the white double doors. "Where do you think you're going Tweety bird!?" Kimberly screams running towards me in her 10" stilettos, the other two following close behind.

"Leave me alone!" I screech bursting through the doors and down the sidewalk. My legs pumping, arms keeping my steady rhythm and lungs on fire.

"Anoula!" My mind and body fail to communicate with one another so I smack against the solid steel hood and fall into the street, my legs totally giving up. An arm finds its way around my torso and around my legs, carrying me bridal style. My heart reverberating in my ears, my eyes blurry with tears.

Once I regain full consciousness I blink a few times and open my eyes to meet a set of forest green orbs racing from here to there and back again. It takes him a minute but once he notices me awake and staring at him his grip becomes more gentle and the fire in his eyes goes out.

"Anoula," He says softly, setting me down on a school bench.

"It's Birdy, actually," I answer but my voice comes out small and trembling.

"Oh sorry..uhm... Birdy," He answers meekly. I nod slightly and shift under his gaze, feeling awkward. He doesn't seem to notice and drapes his arm over my shoulder.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt or anything?" He asks softly, looking everywhere but my face. I think for a moment, then stand up, steadying myself.

"Well thank you..uhm.. Anthony, or Tony... uhm," I stutter, blushing lightly. Tony chuckles awkwardly, flicking his chocolate brown hair to the side. I shuffle my feet and stare dreamily into his emerald green orbs, a trance overcoming me. Tony stands also, towering over me.

"So uhm," He starts quietly. "What are you doing later?"

I shrug, trying to formulate a lie to tell.

"I have dance practice," I nod as if I am remembering, sucking in my cheeks. He blinks a couples times and slips his across my shoulder blades.

"Well I'll be there," He grins, cheekily. Panic knots itself in my stomach.

"Actually, I forgot, I have to help my father with something!" I retort; although what I said was true, it was definitely sugar coated.

"Oh, I'll walk you home then... just to make sure you're okay," Tony blushes, kicking around a few pebbles on the side walk. Reluctantly I nod my head as he slips his hand into mine. My hand lying limp in his, he looks at me and shrugs.

"Which way?"

I snap out of my daze and jerk my thumb in yhe direction of his house. Cheerily Tony begins to walk, dragging me along like a rag doll. After about ten minutes of Anthony's arm swinging and humming a foreign song, we reach my neighborhood.

It's joyful.

Little kids playing in their yards, the sun dancing in waves off the black plated roofs, green grass springing up. Every blade dancing in an occasional gust of wind.

"Wow, this is your neighborhood? It's beautiful!" He smiles down at me. I shrug dropping my gaze from his golden face.

"I guess so," I answer unsure. Looking down the street there is one house that stands out; Broken windows, patched up with plastic, secured with duck tape, the cement stairs crumbling down upon themselves, shingles slipping down onto the half live, half dead grass.

"That house sure is miserable. I feel sorry for the people who live there," Tony chuckles lightly. I snatched my hand away from him and angrily walk through the dead grass, up the broken steps and to the front door.

"Thanks for walking me to my miserable home!" I scream back at him and with that I slam the door closed, letting it echo throughout the entire house. I throw my backpack into the old, hole-filled couch, dust gathering in a cloud, sitting in the air as if it had no where to go. Slowly and quietly, I creep up to the window to see the long haired boy sitting on my front steps.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(A/N: Heyy loves! So I'm really excited about this fan fiction and I know that all of my other ones sucked so many dicks but I think this one is going to be good!! So the first four chapters are going to be kinda long but that's Otay wight? Yeahhhh! So this is chapter one!!

Who's your favorite character so far? Anoula (Birdy), Anthony, or Kimberly? Comment down there cause I kinda wanna knowwwww! And the photo is what I picture Tony to look like {cred to my bffl Wesley♡}

All right love you my sexual tacos! Stay fine, fresh, and fierce!

~HMASxxx)