Chapter Two

A loud crash shakes me from my thoughts. I jump from my spot on the old, dull, hardwood floor and race upstairs to the first bedroom. Flinging the door open my senses are filled with the smell of alcohol and cigar smoke.

"Dad!" I screech, dodging spilt vodka and glass bottles. I run to him, his body sprawled out over the bed and the sheets twisted around him and his beer belly.

"What the hell are you doing here, Anoula!?" He rages, obviously drunk. I back away slowly, tripping over a bottle and falling to the floor, spilling a liquid into into a puddle.

"Goddammit Anoula Love Grace! Why'd you do that!? Get out!" He bellows, rolling out of bed. The fastest I've seen him move in a long time. He stands over me, an incredulous look plastered on his face.

"Dad.." I whimper softly.

"I said get out!" He slurs. Tears roll down my cheeks and I scoot away, jumping up and running down the stairs to the livingroom.

"Hey you little piece of shit, get back here!" My father screams, stumbling down the stairs. I shrink into the corner of the living room as he stumbles closer. He seems not to know what he wants. Grabbing my shirt collar, he pulls me closer to him, his breath reeks of alcohol and his bloodshot eyes pierce mine. Bawling his hand into a fist, he slugs me scross the cheek, sending me into the wall.

"Now get out of my sight!" He slurs. I hold my throbbing cheek bone and race past him, out the door and into To y who is now standing at the doorstep.

"Hey, hey," He's coos trying to pull me into his grip.

"Shh, c'mon, let's take a walk," He whispers, resting his hand on the small of my back. I bite my lip and hide my face behind my dark curls, still holding my cheek. It's now around five o'clock pm and the humidity is suffocating, like gasping for air underwater. We walk silently for a while before a Tony says,

"I heard yelling," He looks at me as I continue to watch the ground.

"Was it your mum and dad?" Tony asks unsure. I pull away from him and plop down on a nearby bench. You know those benches that sit in awkward places near the sidewalk; they were probably put there for me. I bury my head in my hands as sobs wracking my fragile body. A hot hand is all I'm thinking about. All I want to think about.

"Hey now, it's okay. Parents fight sometimes, I mean my mum and dad-" I cut him off.

"What was that?" He asks, leaning against me slightly to hear.

"I said my mum is dead!" I scream at him, finally meeting his gaze. His face flushes all of it's color. He's white as an angel.

"Oh Birdy, I'm so sorry..." He gasps, pulling me into his arms and against his chest. I sob silently now, sniffling occasionally.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm sorry, I didn't know," He whispers into my hair, trying to comfort me.

"It's all his f-fault!" I choke out over my tears.

"Who?" Tony asks.

"My idiot of a father!" I scream,  jumping up from the bench.

"Hey, what happened?" He looks alarmed, standing suddenly, grazing my cheek lightly with his fingers. I stare at him,  a foreign emotion flashing in his eyes.

"How long has this been happening?"

"Five years... since my mum died," I answer softly, tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry... I know we've really just met but I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere," Anthony says, planting a kiss on my purple cheek.

"C'mon, you can stay with me tonight," Tony Offers With A cheeky grin, The emotion in his eyes suddenly gone. I chew my bottom lip and look down.

"I'd love to," I say.

"Great then I'll-" Tony starts.

"But I cant," I finish.

"Anoula, how come?"

"Because I don't want to see you hurt,"

Anthony chuckles softly.

"I'm supposed to keep you safe, not the other way around," He winks and wraps an arm around me.

"Let's go darling!"

I give in now, only because I want to get out of this heat and away from my so called father. We walk for what seems an eternity before getting to a group of apartment complexes.

"This is where you live?" I ask suprised. He had the nerve to make fun of my house when he lives in a tiny little apartment.

"Yupp! This is it!" He grins, unashamed. I sigh eternally, following him up the wooden stairs. Apartment number 326. He hasn't let go of my hand once even though mine is hot and sweaty; Tony doesn't seem to mind. Digging in his back pocket, Anthony pulls out a set of keys, fumbling around with them in his only free hand.

"This is it!" He beams, holding the door open for me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(A/N: Chapter two!!! I really like this chapter actually so I hope you guys do too! The picture up there is of Anoula! She's so gorgeous like omggg!!! Don't forget to comment rate and fan me! Chapter 3 up tomorrow??

Love you all!!!

~HMASxxxx)