Chapter 21

With all this mayhem with Jared, his family, and my family, I fell behind in most of my classes. It was the first week of March and our Calc project was due in two days.

Jared had done none of the work and I'm pretty sure he didn't even remember we had a project for that class.

Running down the stairs, I barged into his study without knocking to find him hunched over his desk, staring at his computer screen.

"What do you want Julia?" He asked without looking up.

"We have a Calc project due in two days. Remember?"

He looked up at me with a blank expression. "You're wasting my time by informing that we have a project due soon?"

This guy in unbelievable!

My eyes widened. "Yes! This project is worth most of our grade, it's the only project of the semester!"

He looked back down at his computer screen.

"I thought you already finished your part and submitted it. You seem like the type to finish your work early."

I groaned and walked up to his desk.

"I usually am but the recent changes in my life have hindered me to complete my work early."

"Sounds like a you problem."

I slammed my fist on his desk, making him raise his brow. "What?"

"I'm about to start my part. When will you finish yours?"

He smiled. Like an actual smile. This was a rare sight. I was taken aback by his facial expression.

"Wha...Why are you smiling?" I asked confused.

He closed his laptop screen and placed his hands on top of the desk and looked up at me.

"I finished my part the weekend it was given. A businessman is always a step ahead."

How on earth.

I hate him. With all my heart.

I don't care how hot he is.

How does one simply finish an extensive project over a single weekend. That's just unnatural. That's something I would do. Not him.

"Julia?"

"Hmm?"

I snapped out of my daze and faced him. "Did you say something?"

He sighed and stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "Your parents are flying in from Italy tomorrow. Your housekeeper Linda will also be with them but she'll work here from now on. I heard from your father how fond you were of her so I asked her to work her."

There's no way he said all that before.

"Oh. That's cool. It's funny how they always tell you their whereabouts but not me. And I'm their daughter for crying out loud."

"Mhm."

"So where will they be staying?" I asked curiously.

His eyes narrowed as he analyzed my face. "Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged my shoulders innocently. "No reason."

"Well you can ask them yourself tomorrow at dinner."

My eyes widened. "We're having dinner with my parents?"

"Both our families are having a big dinner together. My assistant made a reservation at the Louvre Restaurant."