Chapter 25

I bolted upright, wide awake and pissed. Frantically looking around I noticed immediately I was in my room and not in some caged cell disguised as a room. That brought my mood from pissed to annoyed. The sky had a faded glow so I was pretty sure it was early evening and not early morning. Now the question was did those fuckers drug me enough to sleep over 24 hours or just a few. Just remembering them drugging me brought my mood right back to being pissed.

Whipping the blankets off me I swung my feet off the bed and started to storm out of my room. If I was a little more calm I would have noticed the door wasn't locked so things were not as bad as I first thought but I had one goal in mind at the moment. To find Anthony and Corey and beat their ass. Not stopping to think where I was going I jogged, more like stomped down the stairs like an angry bull. The vibe that was pouring off me had everyone I passed jump out of my way. I would have laughed if I had any other thought besides bringing damage to the two assholes I considered family just a few short days ago. I was already thinking of all the pay back they would receive over the next few weeks. Anthony hasn't seen anything yet.

Yanking the door open with such force I was pretty sure the door knob was now stuck into the wall. Did I care? Absolutely not. Would I once I calmed down? Maybe? Now outside I let my feet carry me in the unknown direction. Letting go of everything to let my instincts take over would bring me to the ones I wanted. Not even a minute later I found them between the house and the training centre with, what looks like, most of the shifters from their pack as well as the others that were helping from other packs. A few that were facing my direction noticed me right away and I could see their stance change from relaxed to being on guard.

"YOU!" I screamed, as soon as my eye caught the sight of Corey and Ant in the middle of the group.

With my neck bulging due to my heavy breathing and screaming out to them I felt something off. Something snug around my neck. It had me stop cold as my hand moved up touching something cold but smooth around an inch wide that circled my neck. Something that I did not own or put on. Even though my sights were on the two men standing there staring back at me, all my focus was on the metal contraption circling my neck.

"You fucking collared me!" I roared. If I wasn't on the verge of erupting like a volcano I would have been devastated.

"Mac, it's not what you think. I swear on my father's life, it's not what you think!" Ant spoke, moving slowly towards me with Corey slightly behind him. It was then that I noticed my uncle and Alpha Alexander were there as well.

"Get this fucking thing off me now!" My voice was raised but controlled. I was seething and trying to focus on them instead of the fucking collar they put on shifters to prevent them from shifting. It was the greatest punishment we could have besides being locked up in a cell with no sunlight or fresh air.

"No." That was Corey who spoke. It was his voice that brought back my earlier anger on top of what I was already feeling. "How is Blaze doing?" He asked, standing 12 feet away from me with his arms crossed over his chest. If he would have had a smirk on his face I would have attacked him immediately but he seemed generally curious.

It was then that I stopped to think before I automatically answered with a sarcastic come back. How was she doing? I didn't know. Since we arrived she had been quiet. Then after the night with Corey I have not heard a thing. But the worst part was I could barely feel her at all. And I didn't know when was the last time I could.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" Corey spoke up, taking a couple more steps forward and was now the closest person to me. "It's not the same collar you think it is. I promise you that." I had to snort at that. Instead of making a comment on my clear lack of confidence in his promise he narrowed his eyes and continued. "That collar is made of iron not silver. If you weren't in the middle of a temper tantrum you would have felt the difference immediately."

"Corey!" Ant yelled before smacking him in the back of the head. "Mac, look at me." Ant moved closer to me, blocking my sight from Corey. I was extremely grateful for my anger being in control right now because if it wasn't then I was pretty sure Corey's actions and words would have crushed me more than anything else ever could.

"Mac! Look at me!" Anthony was using his Alpha tone. He knew it had little effect on me but it did grab my attention. "Iron does not affect us shifters. Iron affects the fae." Now that caught my attention. "Twice now Cor...ash was smelt around you. We are pretty sure that was your great great grandfather trying to communicate with you. He is possibly playing some kind of mind games with you. That collar..." Ant was now standing right in front of me with his hand raised, running a finger across the cold metal around my neck. "Is to prevent that from happening. It gave us time to figure stuff out and to let you make your own decisions. It is NOT a punishment. It is to help clear your head."

I stood there still giving Ant my full attention. I understood some of it but not close to being enough. I had so many damn questions. My anger was still in full but I was able to think a little. "Blaze?" Ok, maybe less then a little since I was only able to get a one word sentence out.

"Let's go inside and talk?" Ant said as he went to grab my arm, not aggressively but my mind was past cooperating fully. Taking a step away from his touch but not making a move towards the house I stood my ground.

Ant sighed and rubbed his hands up and down his face, clearly frustrated but I couldn't care less at the moment. "In the office earlier you...your eyes changed. They were not yours or Blaze's. They looked like flames dancing. We didn't have a clue what was happening but the smell of ash was growing and we didn't know what... Anyways to protect yourself and us I made the split decision to knock you out. We found out that your family tree had a few members that could control fire and we think that maybe you might be able to as well. But here is where the problems begin. We think that your great great grandfather or someone he trusts is blocking Blaze enough to bring out your fae side. We do not know whether you are able to actually keep both so you may have to decide whether you want to embarrass your fae side and possibly lose Blaze or fight to keep Blaze and lose your fae abilities. We are not sure if you can do both. We have been looking into it and so far no one has been able to keep their wolf and their fae powers. Hell, Mac, we can't even find someone like you in general. But my gut...Dad's gut feeling is the same. Something doesn't sit well with us. No matter what we want we know the choice has to be yours this time. Blaze is still with you but you have to fight to keep her. Talk to her. Listen to her. Decide together." Ant moved even closer now to whisper in my ear. "I love you and don't want to lose you. Please trust me when I say that some things are not what they seem to be. You are not the only one hurting here. He truly loves you but needs to play a part right now." With that said he walked away leaving me standing there staring at Corey. For a split second I swear I saw regret and love in his eyes but then it was gone.

I would have loved to look into that more but something behind him caught my attention. A man standing just inside the tree line. If it wasn't for his long red hair I would have missed him. As soon as my eyes landed on his I knew who he was. "Grandfather?" That one word had everyone spin around to look where I was staring.