Chapter Nine

xX0Xx

After the incident with the deviant, the three had sent the broken android into the evidence collection they've gotten and finished collecting as much data as they could from the crime scene. They were finishing their investigation to make sure that they didn't miss anything before they let the others handle the area.

Hank talked with Chris about getting the area cleaned up while Y/n walks up to Connor who was now standing still to wait for the Andersons to finish.

"Connor," Y/n called out as she stood next to him and leaned on the wall.

Connor took a glance at Y/n before going back into staring in front of them, he knew she had been somewhat uncomfortable with him looking at her so he made sure that he'll try his best to make her less uncomfortable.

"You alright? There's blue blood all over you..."

The worry in her voice made Connor's LED spin yellow and he looked back at her, she wasn't looking at him but her expression showed that of worry.

"I'm fine, I did not sustain any note-worthy damages."

He saw her glance at him again and he noticed her pupils slightly dilate, it wasn't as much as when he had held her to shield her from the deviant but he was still able to notice it.

"Let me at least get you a new dress shirt... You did save my life, as well as my dad's."

She smiled at him and he returned the gesture which he saw made her smile even wider. He could refuse and say that CyberLife would be able to provide him a new one but having something Y/n would personally give to him was something that he found himself wanting so, he gratefully accepted the offer.

"Okay," He gave her a smile which she returned happily.

"Alright, I'll make sure to give it to you tomorrow... What happened anyway? What did the deviant do to you?"

"Oh, it ripped out biocomponent number 8456. It regulates the heartbeat of androids and if the module is removed it will cause an android to shut down after a short amount of time."

"Wait... Hold on... So you mean to tell me that... you would have died if you hadn't gotten that back in?.."

Connor looked at Y/n's face and he saw the dread wash over her. He didn't know if he should lie, tell the truth, or stay silent about it but, seeing as how worried she was, he should at least tell her the truth.

"That would be... correct."

"Connor!"

She suddenly raised her voice and stood straight to face him which shocked Connor.

"How could you not say that first?!"

Y/n's voice was filled with anger and worry but she lowered it so that they wouldn't get any unwanted attention.

"I didn't want to alarm you and seeing as it did not cause any permanent damage I-"

"Agh! You are infuriating! What would have happened if you weren't able to save yourself? You would have died!"

Connor couldn't understand the source of Y/n's sudden anger but, as she crossed her arms and frowned at him, all he wanted to do was to make her feel better. He had the choice of telling her that he could easily be replaced or he could apologize and try to appease her worries. He chose the latter since it seemed like the best choice.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I didn't mean to worry you... I'll be more careful next time."

Y/N▲

He saw her anger slowly dissipate, she sighs and frowns though it was not directed at him anymore.