(#1)The End, The Beginning

Today is the day. 

The happiest day in any girl's life. 

My marriage. With the one and only love of my life, Louis. The prince of Avalon. Climbing up to the altar, and standing by my best friend, Maylene. 

Dreams started since the day Louis proposed to me. 

Humming a song to myself, in front of a mirror, with a few maids by my side. Even with all these maids by my side, I miss Bella. 

She was my personal maid given by my mother before her death. But Maylene didn't like her and told me to fire her. Well, if Maylene doesn't like her, I too don't like her. 

A few days later, the news of her death came. But it was a decision, that I always felt wrong. 

But all the maids present around me were very quiet. But there were good. Maylene chose them. They must be good. But a look of gloom and guilt was present on their faces. If only I knew.

The makeup was coming to an end. Then one of the maids whispered in my ear. "I am sorry, princess." Huh?  I thought. But I should have acted. 

One of the maids took out a cloth with chloroform and pressed it into my face. I was too surprised to act. I, then soon fell into a deep sleep.

Hours passed

I then woke up to the sound of gushing water. In front of my blurred vision, there were two people. As it cleared up a little, I recognized one as a man, and the other, a lady. 

As it cleared completely. I saw who it was. Louis and Maylene. 

"Thank Goodness, you guys arrived. I don't know how I reached here. But the maids are surely spies. We have to punish them once we are back. Now, help me untie." I said, naively.

They both gave me a look of dominion. "G-guys?" My voice became desperate. "Look dear, Ana. As much as I would like to continue the innocent friend act, it must stop here." Maylene said. 

"M-may?" I called out. "Oh, Dear. It's Princess Maylene. Or, soon in the future after my sweet husband, kills his dear brother, Queen Maylene." She said.

"P-princess? Husband? Q-queen? What are you talking about?" I asked. "She is really slow-witted," May told to Louis. 

"Of course, if otherwise how would she have become our prey, for these past years?" Louis asked her back as if I was not present there. Maylene chuckled at the response. 

Everything came crashing down. It all started to make sense. "Seems like, she is starting to use it now," Maylene said. "F-father." I stuttered. 

"Oh yes. Your father was a pawn in our game for your destruction. It all went perfectly flawless. Isn't it, Sweetheart?" Maylene asked Louis. "Crystal perfect." He said and kissed her cheek. Images of my father came down. Tears began forming in my eyes. 

"The pond incident?" I asked. "Oh yeah. That was done, especially by me myself. It was a good plan. No need to worry about being betrayed by the doers. And the guards will unsuspiciously let me in since I am your sweet friend." She said and laughed. 

"But you can't just become my bride if I disappear," I said. "True. Isn't it?" She asked. 

Then threw a paper to my face. I saw what was written. My eyes widened. It was written that I ran away with my beloved from the country. And since I am leaving, no use in hiding facts. 

I knew that Maylene and Louis loved from the very beginning, but I saw Louis first. She didn't deserve him. And, after all, I am the royal advisor's daughter. How come she even dreamed of stealing him?

 But now, I don't want him anymore. I have found the love of my life. 

A farmer's son, from the east. And the letter ended with a well-wishing for them to have a happily ever after married life.

"I didn't write any of this," I said. "Yes, dear. You wrote it. Remember that day, when we played story making?" She tapped on my head. I remembered it. "But why is it here?" I asked.

She then laughed to herself. "What a perfect plan, isn't it, dear. Even I feel like complimenting myself." She said. "Yes, sweetheart. We shall get rid of her, in this very place. Nothing will remain of her after it burns out." Louis said. "Mm-hmm." I too am waiting for it." She said.

I had nothing to say. Nothing would move my tongue. Then Maylene took a bottle of petrol and emptied it onto me. And took a few more and splashed it across the room. 

She then took a matchstick and looked at me. 

"Farewell, Anastasia. Hope you meet your father soon." She said and dropped the matchstick. She then left the room with Louis.

As soon as the fire started blazing, my strength came back. I looked around. Only a window. A window is then. I thought. I then jumped from the window.

The landing was not rough. It wasn't on the land, to be rough. I fell into the water, with great depth. Death is fated for me today. I thought.

If only, I could live again. I will avenge my father. For Bella. For myself. I thought and closed my eyes. When I opened it, a bright shiny light surrounded me.

A pair of warm hands hugged me. You will soon be alright, my child. The voice of a lady softly touched my ears. Soon this pain will wash out. And you will be sent back. Only one piece of advice for you. Be alert. Because history will repeat itself, once again if you don't. She said. The pain vanished, so did the light.

I soon woke up, panting and sweating. Thank You, fair lady. I will remember your advice, close to my heart. I said, smiling at the new beginning.