(#57) With Him

Such a complication?!

I then kept my hands on his heart, where his silver heirloom brooch was found.

Suddenly, its glow dimmed.

Goodness!!!

"What is the matter, Lady Aesther?" The Imperial Doctor asked, coming close to me.

I motioned the Imperial Doctor to bend his knees a bit and he did so.

"I am afraid that the prince is..." I didn't complete it.

"What happened?" The doctor asked, whispering with a raised eyebrow.

"Poisoned," I said and his eye widened.

"No way!" The doctor exclaimed.

"What is the matter? Is there any problem?" The King asked.

"Nothing too major, Your Highness," I said and the doctor gave me a look.

"Any prescription?" The King asked.

"The Crown Prince's pulse is a bit abnormal. It will be easier to give a prescription, once the cause is identified." I said and the King nodded.

"Humph." The princess let out a snort.

"Princess, please keep your image," I said.

"You-you. Just wait." She said and got out, slamming the door.

"Your Highness," I called the King, not caring whether she was present or not.

"For now, include fiber-rich food items in His Highness's diet including... cereals, both fresh and dried fruits, vegetables, brown rice, brown bread et cetera," I said.

"I will inform of that to the cook, Your Highness." One of the doctors volunteered and the King nodded.

"Lady Aesther, would you mind coming with me to my office?" The King asked and I smiled.

"No problem, Your Highness," I said and followed the King outside the chambers.

When we got outside, Princess Velena was waiting with her Maid.

When she saw me, her face turned sour for a moment. Then she maintained it and looked at His Highness Kyle.

"How is the Crown Prince, doing, Your Highness?" The Princess asked.

"My Lady has not been able to eat anything since yesterday night after she heard of the Crown Prince's condition." Her Maid said and the Princess nodded pathetically.

Gosh, too dramatic. I let out a mental snort.

"Hadn't the Crown Prince's condition started today?" I asked, smiling.

"Th-that, I meant, after dinner yesterday." The Maid said.

"It is just past noon. It is alright, Princess. Just eat a bit more lunch." I said, smiling.

"S-sure." The princess said, trying hard to keep her composure.

They then left.

As soon as they left, the King let out a chuckle and I smiled.

"Well, well, well." The King muttered, shaking his head.

"We shall continue, shall we?" I asked and the King nodded.

Once we reached the King's office room, the King asked all the guards to go out.

"Please sit, Lady Aesther." The King offered a seat.