(#47) Rumors

"Miss, it is your break." Belle said, holding a tray with fresh juice.

"It is alright. I will practice a little more." I said.

"Come on, sister." A Knight called out. "If you are practicing like this, it is a shame for us." He said.

"No one is restricting you from practice," I said and the other knights snickered.

"Well, whatever." He said shrugging and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, people. I heard an exotic piece of news." He suddenly said.

"What is it?" The other knights went and surrounded just like bees near a honeycomb.

"I heard that during the fight one of the contestants actually beat Sir Lin." He said.

"What?!" One asked. "No way!" Another said. "Interesting." A dame said.

"Who do you think it is?" The one who said the news asked.

"Well, I am sure it is not someone simple, Zin." Another said.

So Zin is the name of the trouble-maker.

"I have one thing to tell," Zin said, raising his hands.

"Since we are all from the family of Aesthers, lies shall not be tolerated," Zin said.

"True. I agree." His wingman said.

I snorted.

"Alright. So is it you, Lair?" Zin first asked his wingman.

"I swear, it is not me." He said.

"Goodness, I know. I just asked in a rhetorical manner." Zin said and the other knights laughed.

"What about you, James?" Zin then asked James.

Aside from James, Zin asked Oliver, William, Lucas, Liam, George, Thomas, Harry, Jack, and Rais from the Knight side.

From the Dame side, Zin asked Lena, Ava, Emma, Sophi, Chara, Mia, Amelia.

Only these many passed from the first round.

At last, the question came to me.

"Was it you, Miss Auburn?" Zin asked.

"What do you think? Isn't it actually easy to tell?" I asked, not giving him a clear answer.

"Well, I just want you to tell no by yourself-" I cut him off.

"First of all, from where did you hear it?" I asked. "Don't you know the position of Sir Cross within this Family? His position before he entered the Family?"
"You think that someone who just practiced for some months can beat him like that?" I asked and he started to sweat.

"From the maids." He said, trying to keep up his smile.

"Seriously? Do you believe some maids? Maids are known as both the Gods and Goddesses of Rumors. And you believe them?" I asked.

"Goodness! That is so true." Oliver said.

"I know right." Thomas agreed.

"I want to punish myself for believing you," James said.

I smiled.

James is one of the knights who take Knight Morality high in regard.

"It... it... it is not my fault," Zin said, avoiding eye contact.

"Not your fault! It is obviously your fault. And you are even worse than ladies when it comes to gossip." I said.

Some of the guards smiled.

"Even I have to admit to that," Lena said, smiling.

I smiled.

Lena is a very strict lady. To get to see her smiling means that this situation sparked her interest.

"True. If it goes like this, I am afraid I will have to give you the Gossip Queen Award." Ava said.

"You mean Gossip King?" Amelia asked.

"That is better. That way, I would not have to give up my award." Ava said.

"What-what are you people talking about? What Gossip Queen Award and what Gossip King Award?" Zin asked, his face turning a shade of pink.

When everyone else saw it, they laughed out loud.

After all this fiasco, Rais walked up to me.

"What is the matter, Rais?" I asked.

"I thought it was you who beat Sir Cross," Rais said.

"What makes you think that way?" I asked.

"When learning to be a knight, I went across some books. In those books, I saw some techniques which were called Balance techniques. It said to be one of the hardest techniques to be mastered.

But then only did I remember, that it was the same technique that you used against me when I fought you at the back-garden at Helda." He said.

"Since you had mastered these, I thought it wouldn't be much of a work for you to beat Sir Cross," Rais said.

Then Belle playfully knocked on his head.

"What? Was what I said wrong?" Rais asked.

"This handsome idiotic brother of mine," Belle said, shaking her head.

"What is the matter?" Rais was clearly shocked.

"My Lady never denied that she didn't beat Sir Cross," Belle said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Note For Readers.

Welcome back once again. 

This chapter, if you have read my comment will know, is just for coming back surprises. 

It will not or have very little impact on the story, the next one or two chapters will also be the same. 

You know, the slow ride before a rollercoaster starts. 

So, as usual, don't forget to vote, comment, and share. 

Till next time, 

je t'aime 💕💕

Last updated on 28-10-2020