Chapter 14

a/n: here's the next part, its shorter but I'm still in a psych ward so please excuse me, feedback welcome, thanks for reading xx

There was no light and a pounding in my head. I attempted to move my limbs, but they seemed to be restrained. I opened my eyes, there was no light each way I looked. My eyes were trying to adjust and switch to my night vision, but it was taking longer than usual which scared me. I tried to move my arms and looked down when I felt something warm and wet around my wrists, I couldn't see anything, but I could smell the pungent metallic of blood and I was afraid that it was my own. My wrists were stinging and every one of my limbs was aching I must have been in the position for a longer time than I believed. I tried to remember what had happened, but I could only remember fragments of the shopping centre and running away from my friends the overwhelming smells and sights. The regret was bubbling inside my stomach and seemed to come up my throat causing me to gag and feel salty tears run down my cheeks. If I had of never left the pack house when I knew I wasn't ready none of this would never have happened and I wouldn't be stuck in a small dark and damp room thinking this way.

I tried to connect with my animal soul, but they were noticeably quiet which was extremely unusual. My hyena was a very communicative spirit and was my only companion that could speak for a long time. I could still feel them, but it was like they were hardly there. I tried to cry out, but my throat was dry and all I could taste was blood. I spat onto the ground next to me and attempted to feel around with my arms that were tied behind my back with a heavy weight, it seemed like I was not on grass or the soft wood of the pack house this was hard and cold and had no give so there was no way I could escape.

I remained in this dark smallish room, for such a long time that time had no meaning, it was hard to keep track of things when you are in a dark space with no light and no one to talk to. I was lost and scared and just wanted to be back at the pack house with my friends, children and mate.

I was counting once again to the highest number I could and was on the number 998 when I heard a noise. It sounded like a lock clicking and then I was doused in a bright sterile light that burned my eyes and caused them to water and for me to blink repeatedly. I looked up but couldn't recognise the person I saw.

They were tall and buff and seemed to take up the entire doorway, I couldn't see their face because of the light behind them, with the light now surrounding the room I could see my small prison was a tiny room with several pairs of shackles that were attached to the walls with a thick chain and their seemed to be dark reddish-brown splotches on the floor which filled my entire being with dread. I looked back up to the person from my place on my knees.

"So, you're finally awake." Came a deep disturbed voice. "About time we were beginning to wonder if maybe they have given you too much of the tranquiliser and would never wake up."

I didn't know if I was expected to respond so I remained quiet and looked back down.

"Not very talkative huh? That's fine I can make you talk in other ways. Why don't you come with me for a little bit." The man said before approaching me, I attempted to back up but there was no space left on the chain so he was behind me very quickly releasing the chain from the floor and yanking both it and me upwards, I stumbled and nearly fell into the man but was able to centre myself just beforehand.

The man walked and yanked the chain towards and out the door before we ascended a case of stairs and into an exceptionally light and bright room. There was a long table with arm and ankle restraints along with a head restraint. I attempted to pull myself away from the tall man, but he easily overpowered me and lifted me onto the table before strapping me in. I attempted to scream but all that happened was that blood entered my mouth and assaulted my senses.

I was beginning to wonder what this man wanted with me, I had never seen him before in my life and didn't understand what was happening. I took another look at him and on closer look he had a thick beard and dark brown eyes. The eyes though had this crazed look in them that heavily unsettled me and caused a shiver down my spine.

"Lay still or this is going to hurt even more." The man said before injecting a teal serum into a vein in my arm. The serum burned as it went in and then there was what felt like ice running through my veins, this time no matter the pain and blood in my mouth I let out a scream. I could feel my body began to shake after several minutes and wouldn't stop. My legs bent backwards, and I screamed as I felt my bones crack and break into a new shape, my face began to elongate, and my arms began sprouting hair.

I had no idea what was happening, but I was scared and in pain. The man just continued to stare at me and mutter to himself about experiments and write in his small notebook. Whilst I was experiencing pain worse than my first shift. I can't imagine any pain being worse than the feeling of all your bones breaking and reforming without actually transforming into your shift.

When the pain began to die down moments later, I was panting heavily and there was sweat dripping down my face as well as blood in my mouth. I looked around in a daze fashion and could see my muzzle was like that of my hyena and it seemed like I was much more animalistic, I could feel my hyena much more and felt somewhat safer even after all the things I had just been through.

"Incredible." Remarked the man, "You are the first patient to survive the half shift, for years I have been tracking down a shifter with such a bond to their animal that they would be able to withstand the torture of changing into such a form, you are an amazing specimen young man. I will use you as a source of strength for the incoming shifters and hope that with your blood they are able to also withstand the change and become the strongest shifters this world has ever seen." He continued to ramble on about such experiments and with every word I was getting increasingly more concerned and worried for other people this crazy man was going to hurt. I had to find a way to get in touch with my mate so he can save me and in turn save everyone else from this monster.

I tried to pull at the restraints, but they must have been made with the world's strongest material because even in this form I could not move them. My hyena was whining inside me and telling me he was sorry for leaving me I told him I was simply happy he was still here.

The man leaned over me once again and injected yet another needle into me but instead of something going in this time, he was taking my blood out. Vials and vials of my blood were leaving my body and leaving me feeling fainter and fainter, I wasn't sure if I could take anymore and that's when he finally stopped and collected all the vials and tucked them away in a small cupboard above the bed I was currently restrained in.

We continued to lay there for some time before the hair receded and my muzzle changed back into my human face. The man seemed disappointed in this and said he will continue his experiments tomorrow. Then he returned me to the dark small cell I had woke up in and locked me back to the wall and closed the door, however this time I could see more clearly and wasn't as afraid because my animal soul was back with me, the serum seemed to have jumpstarted him and brought him back but what else had it done to my body?