ix. drinks, but make them strong

elton and ginger's wedding was just over eight months away, and the wedding party duties were just beginning to start. first on the agenda was dress shopping for ginger, and then eventually for the rest of the girls. the timing wasn't necessarily ideal because harlow was right in the middle of her midterm season, but she managed to find the time.

it was important for her to be there for ginger throughout the wedding planning process, because not only was she a bridesmaid and that was to be expected, but ginger was also her sister now. and she was always there for her family.

so even though harlow had midterms, she went along with the rest of the girls to ginger's try on's. it required a few missed study dates with her college friends, but it was worth the sacrifice. although, she did make up for missing her study group sessions by writing out flashcards to use during the time in between ginger's dresses.

not a whole lot of studying actually got done, though. the atmosphere wasn't right for reading over flashcards, but the champagne didn't help either. after about fifteen minutes of attempting to read through her cards, harlow had tucked them away in her bag and focused on having fun with the rest of the girls.

it was somewhere between the tenth and thirteenth dress that ginger's maid of honor, jenna, suggested that once they were done at the try on's, they go back to ginger's to 'start bonding'. harlow was ninety percent sure that bonding was just an excuse to continue drinking well into the night, but there was a ten percent chance that it could double as a chance for the girls to get to know each other better.

there was, however, a one hundred percent chance that harlow would end up back at ginger's with a drink in her hand. who was she to refuse the opportunity to extend casual day drinks into the night? her opportunity to study was squashed as soon as she finished her first glass of champagne, after all.

ginger thought jenna's idea was a great way for the girls to get to know each other better, considering they'd all be helping her with wedding-related tasks whenever possible.

not only did ginger agree to have the girls over, but she also wanted to invite the boys. because why not have the entire wedding party bond?

"i'll just text elton after i get changed, so then he can invite the guys over too!" she said while admiring her reflection in the mirror. "that's alright, yeah?" she was addressing the entire group when she asked the question but made eye-contact with harlow through the mirror.

and what was harlow supposed to say? 'no, ginger, i'd rather if you didn't invite the entire grooms party because i'm trying to limit how much i see colby considering i'm ninety-eight percent sure he's still in love with me. thanks for asking, though!'

yeah, that wouldn't fair to ginger or to elton. she was just going to have to suck it up for the next eight months. she needed to put elton and ginger first until then.

not wanting to draw attention to herself, or to let the other girls know about her situation with colby, she gave a hesitant smile with a slight nod of her head. subtle, but not really.

on the drive back to ginger and elton's house, harlow had texted carter to let him know of her plans for the rest of the night.

HARLS CASTEE

wedding dress shopping
turned into day drinking

headed to g's now

MY LOVE

not surprised

wedding dress shopping
is just an excuse to day
drink