*10*

He kept on looking at her, with a smile on his lips and brimming tears on his eyes. He just couldn't believe that he was seeing her, after a whole long year. 

A look at her and it felt as if it was yesterday only when they both were kissing each other, under the moonlight.

"Am I gonna stand here for the rest of the night..?" You pouted and he giggled, shaking his head and wiping his tears.

Entering inside the apartment, you put the cake on the dining table, before turning towards him.

"So....how have you been Taehyung?"

You said, setting a smile on your lips.

He kept looking at you, with tears in his eyes, not believing his fate that you were actually standing in front of him and nothing was his illusion. He opened his mouth to say something but no words formed in his lips.

"Whattt...?"

You grinned as he kept looking at you, his smile turning into a sad one and then he started sniffing. You looked at him as he took short and hesitant steps towards you.

"Tae...."

You said softly, and as if it was all he wanted to hear. He made a run towards you and before you would know anything, he was already crushing you in his arms.

"y/n....I can't...I can't believe you are here."

His muffled voice ringed in your ears.

"Why did you leave me y/n..? How could you stay away for so long..?"

He cried, squeezing his eyes. His voice was hoarse but not once did his grip loosened.

"Taeee....I can't breathe!"

You tapped his arm and he immediately let you go.

"I am sorry... sorry....Did I hurt you ? Shit! I am a fool...y/n...I was...I am ....y/n..." He kept on talking while examining you properly. "Shhh! Calm down..." You put your index finger on his lips, making him shut. "I am fine...." You smiled.

"Come. Let's cut the cake."

You said, clapping your hands.

"Where did you go y/n? Leaving me all alone..?"

He said in a cracked voice, looking at your back.

"Tae it's already past 12, cummon now."

You said, as if you never heard his question.

He walked towards you and grabbed your arm, turning you towards him softly.

"I have started doing all my work myself. I keep everything neat and tidy, make myself breakfast and dinner."

He said, smiling happily as if talking about his good works to his mother.

"Wow..! I am proud of you..."

You booped his nose, and then looked around the apartment.

"It looks good."

You remarked.

"Just the way you left y/n.... everything is same. Just the way you left."

He said, holding both of your hands.

"So much improvement. Hmm hmm..! Is there someone special in your life now..?"

You smiled, playing with your brows.

"Yes! There was, there is and there always will be this someone special in my life. It's you...my y/n."

He smiled, stroking your cheek.