Chapter Thirteen

The club was still going strong after Emmett disappeared and I ended up walking out hand in hand with Amalia to the car when Marilyn ditched her, Lucas and Reed following behind quietly while I wondered why we were leaving Emmett behind

I ran directly into a wall of hard, sculpted muscles and I was positive I said "Damn," out loud, much to the amusement of the man I'd just ran into.

"I am so sorry, I must watch where I'm going," he said, the sound of his voice sending chills down my flushed skin.

I looked up into his face and realized where I'd seen him before. He was the stranger I'd been dancing with earlier, and I didn't quite register how sexy he truly was in my hazed drunken state, and lucky for me I was sobering up enough so that my vision was swimming and I could appreciate his gorgeousness in high definition.

"No, no, it was my fault..." I trailed off, finding myself getting lost in his eyes.

"I'm Rafael, you know, the one you were dancing with earlier."

"How could I forget?"

I knew I was openly and unabashedly flirting with him but I didn't care, he was probably the most gorgeous man in the room...except for a certain man who should not be named who was taking all my attention with him even when he was off with some drop dead gorgeous woman...

"And you are?"

He extended his hand towards me in a formal gesture and while it seemed a bit stuffy, I shook it back and immediately knew why he'd done so.

His arm captured mine and he pulled me towards him in a move so suave it was like he was a prince and I was just a royal subject caught off guard and swept off her feet.

"Her name is Lydia and she was just leaving," Lucas interjected and I rolled my eyes.

"Was this your boyfriend? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes," Rafael said, dropping my arm and backing away slightly.

A group of three men in black suits surrounded Rafael and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. It was like they were his bodyguards or something...weird.

"Ew, no. I'm her brother. But she is pretty drunk and I need to get her home so if you don't mind..."

"Yes of course, I trust you'll get Lydia home safely..." he trailed off, the sound of my name rolling off of his tongue something out of a musical.

"My phone number, in case you'd like for us to see each other again."

He held out his hand and in it was a white card embossed with a fancy looking script with his name and number on it. Our fingers touched slightly as I took it from him and tingles shot through me.

I looked up at him with a smirk on my face.

"It would be my pleasure."

I didn't say goodbye as I turned and walked out with Lucas, meeting up with Reed and Amalia on the sidewalk.