eighteen | rogue

PAZ WAS BARELY awake as she heard screams from the cell that must have been next to hers. Her eyes wanted so badly to shut and remain shut, though she wouldn't let them, she was too afraid of not waking back up.

Her entire body was aching from sitting on the hard floor, and it had grown quite cold in there as well. Paz was still unsure of how long she had been in the dungeons; going in and out of consciousness every couple of hours didn't help with keep track of time.

Just as she was about to give in and doze off, a crack of light began to shine into the room. Looking up, she watched as someone quickly entered and shut the door behind them. She wasn't able to notice who it was until they came face to face with a very concerned Professor McGonagall.

"Oh dear, Miss Parkinson.." McGonagall mumbles, uttering a quick spell to free Paz from the chains around her wrists.

Paz couldn't comprehend what was going on. A Professor rescuing her? McGonagall putting not only her job, but life at stake?

McGonagall retrieved Paz's wand and handed it over to her.

"Are you able to stand?" She asks.

Paz nods her head yes, attempting to stand, though fails. With some additional help from McGonagall, she was finally able to steady herself up, gripping her wand in her left hand.

"Why are you here Professor?" Paz questions, just noticing that her mouth insanely dry.

"Because you've been missing from my class the past week and a half." McGonagall states.

Paz's eyes widened at this statement, unable to speak. She had been gone for nearly two weeks? Where had Ginny and Neville been all this time?

"We're going to go to my office to get you cleaned up, but we must move quickly Miss Parkinson." McGonagall states.

With one arm around McGonagall and the other gripping her wand, the two swiftly make their way down several hallways before finally reaching McGonagall's office.

Once safely inside with the door locked, McGonagall ushers Paz to take a seat as she hurries around the room, looking for several different potions to heal her up. Paz, on the other hand, still couldn't comprehend that she had been gone that long. She felt as if she would have realized if it had been more than a few days, though it was obvious she could not.

But despite all of this, all Paz could really worry about was Ginny and Neville. Had they suffered the same fate as she did? Were they alright?

"How are Ginny and Neville?" Paz questions.

McGonagalls remains silent, handing Paz a plate with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on it and a glass of water. Paz finishes both things within a minute of having received them before asking again.

"Are they alright? Is everyone alright?" She asks again, earning a sigh from McGonagall.

"They tried to break you out two days after Amycus had gotten you, but they were caught," McGonagall states, finally taking a seat next to Paz and placing several potions on the table between them. "Mr Longbottom is doing alright, but Miss Weasley is injured quite badly. They both haven't been to class since, though Neville comes by my office once a day to update me."

"Ginny hasn't woken up?" Paz asks, pushing away the potions McGonagall was trying to hand her.

McGonagall lets out a sad sigh, her lips forming a straight line. "Not yet."

Without a moment of hesitation, Paz used every ounce of strength left inside of her to stand up. She slightly wobbled, though once regaining her balance, began to head towards the door.