twenty-three | fireworks

EASTER WAS APPROACHING, which meant Paz would be all alone for the weekend while her friends returned home.  She didn't mind, figuring that some alone time was needed, though she did wish at least one person was staying to keep her company.

Blaise was originally supposed to stay at Hogwarts, though at the last minute, his parents had requested he come home for the short holiday.  With Theo not having returned from wherever he had gone, this meant Paz would be alone.

Ever since her detention with Snape, whenever Paz would pass him in the halls she would ask about Theo's whereabouts.  It was evident that Snape was incredibly annoyed by this, though he didn't tell her to stop asking, so she continued.  He wasn't all that much of a help though, as he claimed he didn't know when Theo would be coming back.

The only good thing Paz currently had going for her was that the extra flask of Potions for Dreamless Sleep was working perfectly.  Every night she drank a small amount of it, allowing her to finally sleep peacefully.  She knew this would last though, as the potion was nearing its end.  Paz was hoping to manage some more, though it was highly unlikely. 

As she sat through her Transfiguration lesson alone, tuning in and out of McGonagall's lecture, she kept glancing over at the window.  The weather was still dark and stormy.  Paz couldn't help but wonder when the sun would finally begin to peak through again, missing the days spent outside beside the lake. 

Paz missed many things about the old Hogwarts, nearly all of it in fact.  This included several of her friends, that were currently missing.  She still hadn't heard a thing about Luna, and she was slowly losing hope, something she was so filled of at the beginning of her sixth year. 

Her mind then drifts off to Harry, Ron and Hermione, wondering if their mission to find and destroy all of the Dark Lord's Horcruxes was going alright.  She hadn't a clue how they would manage to find them all, though she knew if anyone could accomplish the task, it would be them. 

The bell finally rang, tearing Paz away from her thoughts.  She walked alone to Charms, taking a seat next to Ginny once arriving in the classroom. 

"You look like you're in a good mood." Ginny teases, taking in Paz's appearance, which she obviously hadn't taken much time on this morning.

"Oh shut it." Paz groans, letting her head fall onto the desk in front of her.  "Life is a mess."

"I can't argue with you on that one," Ginny says, "How about you just join me for the holiday this weekend?"

Paz returns to sitting up before looking at Ginny.

"I told you Gin, I don't think me leaving Hogwarts is a great idea.  Besides, I've got a few ideas to keep me busy anyways." Paz states matter-of-factly, earning an eye roll from Ginny.

"Well, I think you're being stubborn." Ginny says.

"And I think you've finally figured me out." Paz teases, earning a slap on the back of her head from Ginny.

Flitwick begins his lesson a few minutes later.  One teacup appears in front of each student.  Flitwick instructs them to provide the teacups with legs, doing it himself once as an example before sending the class off to do it themselves.

Paz and Ginny, as always, found it to be quite tricky.  This was just a revision from their fifth year, though only Ginny sort of got the hang of it. 

"I've given it arms instead!" Paz shrieks, staring at the cursed image in front of her.  Ginny lets out a loud laugh, unable to stop until Flitwick hurries over to fix the mess that Paz had created.