Penthouse

The first uncomfortable feeling I had was the bright sunlight streaming through the window. I blinked and was a bit confused. There was no window on this side of my room. I sat bolt upright and a wave of headache hit me. My head was splitting and I could barely open my eyes.

'Where am I? This isn't Steff's room neither is this Debbie's. Oh my God! Did I go to Brian's flat? Shit! Did something happen?' I looked around. It was a big and neat room. The room was painted pale blue with thick grey curtains parted in the center.

'The room looks pretty big. I thought he shared a flat with his boy gang. This one hardly looks like a man cave. Aargh!' My head felt terrible as I tried looking all around. I saw a couple of tablets and a glass of water kept on the side table. I took the tablets and smiled.

'How thoughtful Brian. I think I might just like you.' I removed the sheets and tried standing up. I still felt woozy.

'How many shots did I actually have yesterday?'

As I stood up, I realized I am wearing a shirt. It came till my mid-thigh. Is it Brian's?

'Oh shit! Did we have sex?' I couldn't remember. Not that I'm a virgin but I would've liked to be in my senses especially the first time I have sex with a guy.

'God! What if I said or did something embarrassing? Was it gentle or passionate sex? Fuck! I hate this.'

My silver dress and undies were folded and kept on the other bedside table.

'Aww...'

I could smell food and I decided to quickly freshen up. What time is it anyway? Where's my mobile? As I folded the long sleeve, I saw a small bluish-black bruise on my wrist.

'Looks like it was quite a wild one.' My lips twitched.

I quickly freshened up. There was a new toothbrush. 'I already like you, Brian'. As I opened the door, my brain was a bit muddled. Isn't this home a bit bigger for him? Did we check into some apartment yesterday?

I walked and reached a staircase. My confusion increased steadily. As I slowly descended the steps, my confusion went through the roof. I was now standing at the end of the staircase. A picturesque fountain made gentle gurgling music. There was an enormous room to my left but the sound of the pots and pans came from the right. I moved towards the right and saw the back of a man cooking something. He was freshly showered as I could see water dripping from his hair. He was wearing a track pant snug really low on his waist. He was naked on top and I could see his muscle definition. Some tattoos peeped as he swirled the ladle in the pan. Forget the breakfast but he looked delicious.

'Isn't he a bit taller for Brian? Fuck! Was I with someone else last night?' Many questions popped in my mind and the mystery was killing me. I didn't like not knowing.

"Erm, Hello!" I mumbled. He turned around.

"ALEX!" To say that I was dumbstruck would be the understatement of the year.

"What are you doing here – I mean what am I doing here? Fuck! What happened?" I could hardly think and talk. My mind screamed 'Did I have sex with his highness, Alexander Holden?' Yea, I think I was more concerned about that.

"Sit! And finish breakfast. We will talk" No smiles and no good morning wish. I hate this suspense.

I was very hungry. He placed a plate of toast, crispy bacon, and scrambled eggs in front of me. There was a steaming pot of coffee. He sat down at the other end. Mr. 'Not so Grumpy' had become Grumpy again.

"Umm... Mr. Holden, I don't -" I started but he cut me off.

"Eat. We will talk. We have to talk." His tone was surely not a happy one. I poured myself a cup of coffee and took a bite. It was delicious but the only thought I had was 'Did I force myself on him. Oh God! This is so embarrassing. Stop thinking about sex.'

We had breakfast in silence. Finally, I gulped my coffee and I put the cup down. He still was not talking. He wordlessly got up from his chair, collected my plate and cup, and placed them in the washbasin. As I watched him, he came close to me, crossed his hands over his chest, and stared at me. His muscles flexed at this action but I couldn't be distracted by this. 'Shit! Don't look at the abs and biceps!'

"Mr. Holden, please. Why am I here? What happened. Please did I do something stupid?" Exasperated, I stood up from the chair.

"Stupid? Did you do anything stupid?" His sound was calm but I felt it was the calm before the storm. "Do you have any FUCKING idea what happened yesterday?" He suddenly roared and I shrunk back. He was enraged. He ran his fingers through his hair making it messy. He paused for a couple of seconds and I could hear my heartbeat in that deafening silence.

"Amy!" He whispered. What was that expression? Was he pained? As yesterday's event unfolded, I was shocked. I had to sit down to absorb all that he said. I was horrified. I was terrified. Before I knew, tears started rolling out of my eyes.

"Shh... It's okay Amy! You were safe. You are safe." I didn't know how and when he came closer to me and held me in his arms. He held me close as my sobs rocked my body. My tears fell on his bare body. He rubbed my back murmuring something into my ears.

After what seemed like infinity, the feeling of dread passed over. I was now aware of a very different feeling. I was sitting on the stool and my legs were parted. He was standing in the center holding me. My face was squashed on his chest and I could hear the steady rhythmic beating of his heart. It was soothing. His hands were moving up and down my back giving me a strange tingling feeling. He was murmuring something, but I couldn't catch it over. Somehow my mind drifted away from the picture he painted about yesterday's event. I thought about how warm and safe it felt now. A sigh left me and I realized that I've stopped crying some time back. I coughed and hiccupped. As I straightened, he let me go.

I unknowingly rubbed the bluish-black bruise on my wrist. He raised my arm and looked at the bruise. He cursed under his breath.

"Does it hurt?" He was concerned.

"No." I murmured. A few minutes back I was thinking this to be a sign of our lovemaking and now it's like an ugly reminder of the horrible episode. I shivered unknowingly.

He gently kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes. His blue eyes were striking. Like a placid lake. His thumb caressed my cheeks and he whispered "I was there at the right time. Nothing happened. Okay?" I nodded. He gave me a tissue from a box on the table. He gave me time until I mopped my face and cleaned my nose. Isn't this the second time that I cried in front of him? Both the times I was scared but this one takes the cake.

"There, there! You are a strong girl. All's well that ends well. Why don't you freshen up and I will drop you at your apartment?" I nodded. I was too dazed to speak anything. A strange emptiness engulfed me as I walked into the guest room.

What a mess!