Day 1

It's 3 in the morning , and what's happening seems important. I don't think I'll be able to remember this when I get a few hours of decent sleep, so I'm writing it all down. At 2 in the morning, the most ungodly hour to wake someone up, I was woken up by a person in a face mask. I was still very cloudy-minded , so I didn't hear all of what he (even though, for all I know, it could have been a woman) said, but it sounded like I had to be tested for some disease. I asked what they were talking about and the person in the mask just said there was a huge pandemic going around.

The face masked person was with a group of other people in face masks, and they all dragged me out of my bedroom and took me to the hospital. They walked me through the main hall, and turned into what appeared to be a small section set aside for the epidemic. It could as well have been a temporary camp set up on the fringes of a 3rd world town that just experienced an earthquake, but with more advanced technology. This is clearly a surprise pandemic. I walked into a little room, and the tests began. First they did blood tests, then full body scans. Nobody even considered asking about my health. I guess it didn't matter anyway; all I'd really had was a slight headache and joint aches. Probably head cold or dehydration, I figured. Then they said they would have to test the results.

There are no magazines or anything in here, they must have feared them getting infected or something, so I started writing all this down. Someone just burst in and said that I've tested positive for the disease. It's called ORI (omnitrol resistant influenza), there's no known cure for it, and they'll have to put me on quarantine. I had no idea that this was going around and this is seriously freaking me out.

– Yours truly, Camo Ferris

* * *

Thank goodness I wrote all that stuff down earlier this morning. Otherwise I would have no idea what is going on. According to my watch (which is probably off. No, is off. I forgot to set it back for the end of Daylight savings time) it's 9 a.m (but it's really 8:00). I'm in a little room that looks made of metal. It can't be too much more than 10 x 10 feet. There's a bed, a bathroom and shower, and the rest of it is open space. I guess this disease must be really bad to make them to go to these kinds of lengths. Headache slightly worse. I am still feeling dazed and confused, so I can't exactly say that I'm feeling any particular emotions. I'm not particularly religious, but I'm praying I don't have a migraine by the end of today.