Chapter Fifteen

Lily:

Dumbledore has just changed the girls' appearances. It's so strange, seeing them like this. Honestly, I was shocked at seeing them at all! I couldn't believe it when the boys came and told me that my best friends have arrived in this time period! Wow! Anyways, Dumbledore has just agreed to tell us our futures. He tells us that he was going to let us figure it out for ourselves, but has now changed his mind.

"Ok, so it begins with, well, Lily and James. I'll start with you two." Dumbledore says. Why is he grouping James and I together? This is strange. "Right, so...Lily and James, you two get married and have a son called Harry James Potter." Dumbledore then says, and I'm in shock. "What the fuck!"I half-shout, and James looks ecstatic. "I. Marry. Evans!" he shouts, fist pumping the air. I bury my face in my hands, and everyone but Dumbledore sniggers. "It's not funny!" I say, very pissed off. "What the hell happened?" I continue, and Dumbledore says, "Well, Mr Potter grew up and matured quite a lot in between sixth year and seventh year, and you two fell in love. You're soulmates, and you had a great relationship.". We're....what?! Soulmates?! Are you fucking with me Albus?! James looks gleeful at this, but I picked up on another thing that Professor Dumbledore said - 'You had a great relationship.'. "Umm...Professor? What did you mean by 'had a great relationship'?" I ask, worried. Professor Dumbledore solemnly bows his head and says, very slowly, "Yourself and Mr Potter passed away twelve years ago at the young age of twenty-one. Your son Harry, however, survived. You were murdered by Lord Voldemort himself, and he attempted to kill Harry as well, but failed. The curse rebounded off Harry and on to Voldemort, leading to his downfall. Voldemort has not been seen or heard from for twelve years, and Harry only has a lightning bolt scar on his forehead in memory of the attack.". What?! I exchange a look with James, and he has the same expression on his face as I do on mine. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me, and to the surprise of myself and everyone around me, I don't let go, but hug him back. I mean, he is my future husband, and we have a son together! Oh my, I can't believe this.

"It is very sad, and I know that you will want to meet Harry, and you shall get to soon. Now, Mr Black, now I'm going to move on to your future. Ok, so you got disowned from the Black family during the summer before your sixth year, and you move in with the Potters. You and Miss McKinnon started dating, and you both joined a secret society I set up to fight against the Death Eaters during the war, alongside all of your friends. You both fought bravely, and towards the end of the war, Sirius, you found out that James and Lily were being looked for by Voldemort. They were going into hiding and you offered to be their secret keeper. Now, the rest I'm afraid I have to guess, but I think that you became the Potters secret keeper. However, at some point I believe that the secret keeper must have changed but no one was informed of the switch. I am afraid that I cannot be certain about who the new secret keeper was, but I have a guess. I shall not inform you of who. This secret keeper betrayed Lily, James and Harry to Voldemort, and this led to Lily and James' demise. Now, Sirius, I believe that you must have went to hunt this person down, and this led to your being locked in Azkaban." Dumbledore says, and Sirius looks stunned. Suddenly, something that looks like realisation dawn's on his face.

"Peter. You think that it was Peter." he says, looking intently at Dumbledore, who solemnly nods. I....I can't believe it! "Oh, I'm going to fucking kill him!" James roars angrily, stepping in front of me slightly protectively. It's really sweet to see how much he cares, and how protective he is of me. It's not possessive or obsessive - it's just pure.....I don't know. All I know at this point is...I'm growing feelings for James Potter. Wow!

Dumbledore starts to speak again, and I am in shock slightly.

Well, you can't say that my life isn't exciting!