Chapter Twenty-Two

Old Sirius:

"Huh!" I say, shaking my head. "No, there's no way!" I mutter to myself over and over when the person who looks just like Prongs laughs. "Harry?" I question, a little bit confused because although he looks like Harry, I.....I don't feel like it is, you know? He chuckles, and says, "No, Pads! It's me!". Here he pauses, and thinks for a second before saying, "I'm a real live boy!". He says it in a mystical tone, just like when we went to that muggle theatre together in the summer before fourth year to see Pinocchio. We used to do that all the time.

It's him. It's really him. Prongs.

I run up to him, and hug him tight. A few tears come out of my eyes, but I keep hugging my best friend and brother. He hugs me back. I know it's not exactly the manliest thing to do, but it's necessary. When we break apart, I grab him by the shoulders and just look at him. James Potter, in all his glory. He smirks at me, and I grin. "So, Paddy! How are you? Holding up well?" he says, a grin slicing his face. "Ha ha ha! Very funny!" I say back, attempting to glare but just grinning instead. We both burst out laughing and begin to talk. He tells me that everything that has happened over the past twelve years, I-I don't deserve it. I tell Prongs how much I miss him, and spend at least half and hour explaining how Prongs got Lily to fall in love with him (see Wildest Dreams for this!). After that, Prongs and I just sit and laugh with each other for hours before I hear a rustling in the leaves.

"Shit!" I mutter, and turn into my Animagus form. "Mr Black, Mr Potter! I know you are here, so would you please become human again!" I hear Dumbledore's voice say calmly. I don't know why, but I feel like I can trust him, so I turn back. "Hello! First of all, Mr Black I would just like to say how sorry I am for not believing you sooner, but I do want you to know that I believe you now. I also came to warn both of you, Mr Potter and the others shall be going back to their own time in an hour, so say your goodbyes. Also, the young Mr Black is with me! Ok, enjoy your talk!" Dumbledore says, and I smile when he says that he believes me, but frown when he says that Prongs is leaving in an hours time. When Dumbledore leaves, I take a look at the young version of me.

"So...ummm...hi!" I say awkwardly, and then we all burst out laughing. This is so strange! We laugh and joke with one another for an hour, and then the time comes to say goodbye. "See ya, Prongs!" I say, trying to sound cheerful while I'm internally miserable. "See ya, Pads!" he says, and I hug him one last time. This is the goodbye I never truly got to say. And I will see him again, one day. One day.

The young versions of me and Prongs head up to the castle, and I let out a heavy sigh. This is it. "Goodbye Prongs." I whisper, even though he is almost out of sight and most certainly out of earshot. However, it's like he hears me, because exactly on cue he turns his head and shoots me one last grin before disappearing from sight.

One last moment with my brother.