Simple Game

Isaiah had taken stock of those that had come into the house. This group didn't seem so bad. It looked like there might be a few that could be fun. He'd pegged four that would do whatever it took to survive. Including killing the others. He could see it in their minds. Six  more were easily killed and one was already dead. He didn't put much stock in the other five for much entertainment, just substance.

There were two others who were wildcards. He couldn't read their minds so he wasn't sure how easily they could be killed off. Or what they would do to survive. One was a male close to thirty, and the other was a female in her mid-twenties. She'd been the one standing near the door when he'd appeared. So close to grab but just out of reach. He liked the ones that were a bit of a mystery. He got really fucking bored  stuck in here, had to find something to kill the time.

They are scattered and hiding. Fun. Alpha said coming down a hall toward him. The hell hounds didn't need to feed all that often. They just liked to play with the others, but the full moon was coming. During the week before, they became very lethargic and spent their time in the caves. During the full moon they were hell bent on killing anything they could get their teeth on, mainly because he was.

Isaiah was also effected during that time. His senses spiking along with every human and inhuman need that he had. It was during this time that they normally killed off most of the humans. It was all part of the magic and what he was. Seeing as he  really shouldn't even be on this plane of existence. That was a moot point now wasn't it?

 "Try not to kill them off to fast. I'd like to have some entertainment for the next month." Alpha turned and left the room. Well, it would be a minimum of a month, but he doubted they'd show sooner with more to keep him alive.

Isaiah looked up at the huge library that he stood in. The books here had been collected over time. Either from things he'd requested or things that those who came here left. He was feeling sporting at the moment, not interested in reading. More in the mood for a game. So instead of indulging in reading, which he'd pretty much read all the books in here twice, he left the room.

He'd find one of the humans to play with. Hopefully they wouldn't be to terrified or to numb to give good entertainment. He moved from the room with a quick and easy strides. They really were all over the house, normally there were a few groups. The humans liked sticking together.

Above him he heard running and judging by the weight and speed, he guessed that it was Beta moving down that hall. He went passed the main stair case and then to the first door on the left. he went down the long narrow stair case and at the bottom reached up to the light fixture and turned the little knob there. This place was a maze, and he was very familiar with it. Yet time and again a new passage would show or one would disappear. Not very often, but it did. Magic did the unthinkable.

A panel slid aside and he went into the wall, even after all this time he was still finding a few new places here and there. Mainly when the humans stumbled upon them. He had to give them credit. They were very good at finding places to get into and hide.

He came out in a room that had chairs around the walls and one wall had several different types of fencing equipment on it. Another wall had swords there as well, he'd been hit a few times by those weapons. Never a pleasant sensation, tended to just piss him off really. Did anyone like getting stabbed? No, obviously.

It looked like it was his lucky day. In here he found three humans. The male that was with the two females reached up to take a weapon and Isaiah lifted a hand. With a simple flick of it the three of them hit the floor. It was always more draining to move living things than inanimate objects, but he had a lot of practice and barely felt the drain anymore.