ten

Harry

"Fuck, I - " I stutter, cursing myself in my head. The damn alcohol never did any good.

"Oh... uh, it's fine." She awkwardly looks away and clears her throat.

"I didn't mean to - fuck, I'm sorry. It's the alcohol." I laugh awkwardly, trying to ease the tension. She forces a laugh too, to try and make me feel better but clearly I was a mess.

"It's getting kinda late," She says. "I should probably head home." She pulls out her phone.

"I can drive you." I offer.

"No, I don't want to make you go out of the way. Plus, Melody said she'd pick me up whenever." She shakes her head.

"No really, it's no big deal. Please. Melody is probably asleep. It's 1:30 AM."

"I - are you sure?" She asks, looking at me with her big, beautiful eyes.

"Of course. I'm gettin' tired myself." I admit, and she nods. We begin to walk inside and we say a quick good bye to a few people before heading out. I unlock the Benz and open the door for her as she steps in.

"Thanks," She says quietly, and I close the door before heading to the driver's side. The car ride is painfully tense due to my idiocy. I can't help but wonder what she made of the comment, if she thought I was an absolute fool, or appreciated the compliment. After all, it was genuine. It was completely silent except for her guiding me where to turn to get her home. We arrive shortly at an apartment complex and I pull up to the front door.

"Let me walk you up." I offer, wanting to make sure she gets up safely.

"No, really. I'll be okay." I ignore her comment, and walk over to the passenger side and open the door for her. I extend a hand and she takes it, her touch sending chills down my spine. We walk towards the door, and take the elevator up a few floors. "Well, this is me." She says when we reach apartment 302.

"I hope you had fun tonight." I say, as she feeds the key into the lock.

"I did, thank you for inviting me." She responds, pushing the door open. I want to so badly kiss her, but I refrain, not wanting to seem like a complete ass yet again.

"Will I see you soon?" I ask hopefully.

"I... I'm not sure if that's a good idea." She says and my heart drops. I break eye contact, and look down at the floor. "I'm sorry," She sighs, noticing that I was offended. "I really did have a good time tonight, I swear. And I loved getting to know you it's just..."

"It's alright, really." I say as her words trail off. I force a smile.

"I don't want you to think it has anything to do with you." She says. "It's just... don't you have a girlfriend?" She asks.

Fuck. Of course she'd think so, I'm only in the news every other day. I sigh.

"It's complicated. She's..." I hesitate wondering if I should even share this with her, but once I see her nod and look away disappointedly, I decide to just go for it. "Look, the press makes it seem like we're together, y'know? But I never asked her to be my girlfriend or anything." I ramble.

"Harry - " She begins, but I cut her off.

"I'd really like to be friends for now," I suggest. "Would like to get to know you more. I enjoyed spending time with you tonight." I say honestly.

"Friends..." She repeats.

"Friends." I reassure.

"Fine." A smile cracks from her lips. "Now get out of here... I need to get some sleep." She jokes and I can't help but smile.