It Only Gets Harder

*****Trigger Warning****

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Remi's POV***

"Come in." I yell through my office door. I left Talon with the pups so I could speak with Spencer, alone.

Spencer waddles his tiny self into the office and sits down. He is really too small. His Omega genes are definitely shining through his pup.

"Would you mind if Alpha Jamison joins us?" Spencer requests of me. I nod in acceptance. If that makes him feel more comfortable, I am okay with it.

We wait quietly before my Dad walks in. He takes a seat beside Spencer and holds the frail guys hand.

"Everyone is going to hate me. I'm disgusting." Spencer puts his head down. I watch as tears stream down his face.

"That's nonsense. We love you." Dad wipes Spencer's face and rubs his cheek soothingly.

"I don't want to go back to Riversbend. I have to." Spence looks up with pain filled eyes. His body shakes infinitesimally where he sits.

"I assure you, you do not." Dad takes the reins.

"My parents were killed when I was a pup. I was orphaned. An omega. I was left to die in the woods." My breath catches in my throat. I was not aware.

I look over at Dad. I can tell he was not a privy to this information either.

"Who raised you?" The question rolls off my tongue naturally.

"Alpha Ramon. I grew up as Malik's brother." Spencer shivers and I know Kai hit the nail on the head.

"Why would that make us hate you?" Dad is the one to voice our next question.

"It's really not good. Please don't kick me out. I don't want to go back." Spencer cries in his hands.

"You are our family. You have my word. You aren't going anywhere." I move from behind my desk and sit on my knees next to our Omega.

"Lyle won't be so kind." Spencer's lips quiver. He raises his head to the ceiling and blinks quickly. A steady stream of tears pours down both of his cheeks. Dad grabs the boy and places him on his lap. He rocks him soothingly, rubbing his back.

"This stress isn't good for the pup. Please just tell us. We will help." I grip Spencer's hand in my own.

"Malik has been um. He hates Lyle. He spiked his drink so that Lyle would think is was me. He knew that Lyle was my mate." I knew most of that. It wasn't a shocker.

"Why does Malik dislike Lyle?" Dad comes in like hell's hound. I can feel his displeasure radiating from his pores.

"Malik knew that Lyle would accept me. I didn't. Malik was angry that he did." It still makes little sense how any of this matters.

"Why would Malik care if Lyle accepted you? I'm confused?" I just admit my naivety. It is what it is.

"I really don't want to say these things. I'm scared." Spencer curls into Dad's chest. Dad continues coddling him.

I stare at Dad intently. I have to know what's wrong, so I can fix it.

"Spencer. I promise. I absolutely swear to you. If you tell us, we will protect you." Dad pulls Spencer's face to him.

I stand by Dad so we can both look at our frightened Omega Warrior.

"Malik doesn't love me or even like me. I don't think so anyway. But, he wants me home." Spencer cries harder. His body shakes as he closes his eyes and rubs his fists into his eye sockets.