Tranquility: Part 10

Panic. Peter awoke to an intense feeling of panic running through his entire body. He stood, scanning the room for any signs of danger, anything that was potentially threatening either him or Lena, but all was still. All was dangerously still.

"Lena?" his voice echoed off the glass walls of the pool room. There wasn't a response. Instinctively, he checked the iPad for her body, swimming up and down in the deep, dark water, but almost kicked himself for it. She could respond in his head if she wanted him to hear her from underneath.

If you can hear me, please respond to let me know you're safe. His heart rate was picking up, and each second that ticked by was a louder thump on the inside of his chest. He waited in almost perfect silence, but when a minute passed without a single word, he ran. In her room, he had access to an AI, and by extension, Mr. Stark. Peter was panting, but it was more from the anxiety as opposed to the running.

Before he spoke aloud, Peter heard a weak voice in his head, so weak that it was almost indecipherable.

Taken. Kid...napped.

He could feel himself going pale, the blood rushing out of his face. He almost felt like passing out, until he reminded himself of the situation at hand.

"PET I need to speak to Mr. Stark right now!" his voice cracked on the word now, a telltale sign of his anxiety acting up. It had been a while since he had felt like the world was closing in on him. He bit the inside of his cheek.

Hello, Peter Parker, Mr. Stark is on the phone with Colonel Rhodes. Would you like me to leave-

"No, no, no!" Peter was practically yelling now, "Emergency. Tell Mr. Stark it's an emergency."

Calling Happy Hogan.

"GOD DAMNIT," his anxiety was turning into a rage, an anger that tempted him to throw his cell phone at the wall and watch the screen shatter to pieces.

"Kid, what do you want?" Happy sounded unimpressed. Peter's anger increased.

"Happy I need to get ahold of Mr. Stark something's happened to Lena I fell asleep and when I woke up she was gone and I have no contact with her whatsoever I think she's been kidnapped!" each word out of his mouth was toppling over each other.

"Woah kid slow down!" Happy not matching his urgency didn't do much for the boulder in his chest. "How do you know that?"

"Listen Happy you've gotta trust me, I know I just know!" they hadn't ever explained to anyone the odd connection they had. Mr. Stark had some sort of idea of it, but not to the extent of what it was. Peter knew for a fact that Lena had been taken by somebody, and during the time spent jumping hurdles to get people to believe him, he was wasting time trying to save her.

"Kidnapping? Maybe she's just in the kitchen or something. Have you looked at all?"

His head looked towards the window as something dawned on him. The closer he got to Mr. Stark, the more he followed the rules laid out for him. His time with Lena had molded him into the cookie-cutter neighborhood hero that he was afraid of becoming. Peter wanted to become an Avenger, and doing the paperwork to get Mr. Stark searching for the love of his life was not what an Avenger would do. It wasn't what Steve Rogers would do, it wasn't what Black Widow would do, it wasn't what Thor would do, it wasn't what Bruce Banner would do, it wasn't what Hawkeye would do.

Most importantly, it wasn't what Tony Stark would do.

"Happy I gotta go!"

"Kid, what? I-"

"PET end call!"

Call ended.

His suit was on faster than he had ever put it on before. He had no plan, but when did he ever have a plan? Lena was usually the one to formulate a better, thought-out plan than his usual swinging in, spurting a one-liner, and hoping for the best. He wanted to be calculated, but it wasn't truly his style. It didn't help that he didn't know where to begin.