39

Elowen wondered if Lumi would hit her the next time they met.

The physician seemed relatively surprised. Theros seemed startled. The whole castle could not comprehend.

Elowen herself was a little upset at how...easy? She reflected on it later, and cringed at the anger she could already anticipate from her friend.

It had started that morning. Even after pouring over Lumi's letters of what her birthing experience had been like, Elowen still had not been prepared. Lumi had explained in great detail what the sensations would be, and how she would first know it was happening. But Elowen should have realized that they were two different women, therefore, it would not be the same.

She and Theros had been sitting, eating breakfast as they always did now. There was a peace between them, and Elowen knew she would be capable of living the rest of her life with this male. He had become her friend, and she had already provided him the support he needed in his lowest time.

She had become his pillar- something solid to hold onto. And Elowen knew that was the idea that he craved the most now. Foundation. Something to tell his worries to. Something that would not judge. A person who had seen him at his most vulnerable and had not taken advantage of such a sight.

He was always reading at the table- no matter how much she tried to get him away from his documents. She ended up reading her letters from Lumi there, but he never asked what the contents were unless she told him.

That morning however, Elowen had felt something...odd.

She sat still, staring off into the distance, while trying to decide what the feeling was. With horror, she realized there was something wet coming down her legs. Elowen remained calm. With the pregnancy over these past nine months, she and Theros had had to suffer through many embarrassing incidences.

She saw from the corner of her eye, one the workers look at her in alarm. She could faintly hear the drip coming and her face was turning warm at the thought of what it might look like.

She looked at the worker, her blue eyes like ice as she glared the woman down, daring her to speak a word. The female looked at her Queen with concern, but Elowen continued as she was. She just had to wait for Theros to leave and then she would apologize for the mess.

She looked at Theros. "Do you need to be somewhere?"

He looked up, "Yes...I have a meeting with the council...there is more conflict with Galexious and now Spring is starting to raise hell," Theros rubbed a hand over his tired eyes.

Elowen motioned for him to leave. He raised a brow in amusement.

"Trying to get rid of me so soon, wife?"

Elowen only shrugged, sipping her tea as serenely as she could. Theros chuckled and stood, moving to lean down and kiss her cheek. She tilted her head slightly and thought she would be able to get away with it.

But Theros stopped suddenly and looked down.

"Elowen..."

"It's nothing to concern yourself with Theros, I have it under control."

He looked wildly around the room, "Elowen why is there blood under your chair?"

That caught her attention.

They both looked down at the same time. Elowen felt her eyes widen at the sight. She looked up in confusion at Theros.

"Why is that there?"

He was already running out of the room, demanding for the physician to come immediately.

Elowen stood and suddenly swayed. The worker who had been watching her rushed forward to catch her.