Saving Cora

I'm so ,so ,so sorry it took so long to update but i Finally know what to write

Hunter

It was sunday, dad was at work he stayed over... like usual to finishing up some work so I saw this as the perfect opportunity to getting Matteo's sister back. the sooner the better.

we were just going over the plan his inside guys keep them busy somewhere away from the gang house while the rest of us break in then me, Liam and Matteo go down to the basement and look for her. simple.

we left around 2pm so we got there an hour after they left giving us enough time to do what we needed to do. now we're outside the huge 'house' preparing to blow the door down. It's definitely not the quietest way but it still works.

the door blows up and we start shooting at the people on the inside me, Liam and Matteo make it down to their basement, it's bigger than we expected it to be so we split up and looked around for her.

"hunter?" someone says I turn around and look at them, it was one of the girls I used to work with when I worked for matteo. I think her name was Courtney or crystal... something like that.

"it's me, Cora, remember? we used to work together." she added sounding exhausted "yeah, i remember." i answered picking the lock. after a few minutes i managed to pick the locks and i helped her out.

---time skip---

i'm surprised we managed to get out of there with only a few wounds. Cora was with her brother at his house, liam had already booked me a flight to las Vegas and drove me to the airport.

i've been sitting in the airport for around three hours waiting for my flight, i've never been so bored and tired in my entire life. finally my plane was called so i headed over to the check in area and boarded the flight.

The flight there wasn't that bad since it was first class, there wasn't any noisy kids, it was quiet and they had good food and movies. After I got there I took a taxi to my mom's house and knocked on the door.

Ava's POV

There was a knock at my front door "jeez I'm coming be patient!" I yell going to the door, I opened it then froze "hey mom" he said I quickly searched around to make sure nobody followed him then pulled him inside.

"look hunter, you being here is putting you in a very dangerous situation, people want me dead and they'll kill people around me just to make sure they get what they want"I said hoping that my explanation explained a lot to him.

"Well hello to you too" he replied sarcastically. I sighed "you seem exactly like I was when I was around your age, how have you been? Does anyone else know that I'm still alive?" I asked.

"I'm fine and no but you said people want you dead, who?" Hunter asked. "My parents I found a gun and files which I shouldn't have seen and now they want me dead. To keep you guys safe I had to leave, they are highly trained assassins, Luke's gang is nothing compared to them. That's all you need to know about this situation and you can't tell anyone that you saw me, I'll take you back to the airport and get you a flight back as soon as possible" I said.

"Wait,can't I just stay with you we just met properly for the first time can't you get me into a school here or something." He argued. "Hunter, I love you and I do want you to stay but as I said this is a life or death situation you need to go back, what about your dad?" I retorted.

He scoffed "what about him? I don't care if it's a life or death situation like trained me to be the best of the best." He whined. " it's uncle Luke he's your uncle also I'll move back I just need to find out how to get into their hideout with out getting caught then kill them or expose them and get them arrested." I said like they weren't living on one of the most protected houses in the states, they are very important people , I can't believe me and Luke didn't figure it out sooner.

"Well you're going to need help" Hunter said. "Yes I will but not from you" I said rolling my eyes at him. "Why won't you let me help" he complained. " because it's dangerous and I don't want you getting involved" I replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

" you're getting old your going to need help" he said. I scoffed " I have a right mind to slap some sense into you there's a 15 year difference" I said. "Yeah you're old!" He replied. "Well would you prefer if there was a four you lead difference" I snapped at him.

He scrunched up his nose "eww, you're my mom why would there be a 4 year difference?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at his dumbness " so you can't complain about there being a 25 year difference then, anyway I'll book you a flight back to New York next week and I'll enrol you into oak hills high school you'll start tomorrow". I said leaving no room for arguments.

"Okay, I'll go grab my things which are still outside" he announced happily. While I was on the phone to Mr.wells "we don't accept people in the middle of the semester ms.knight" said mr. Wells "I feel the need to remind you that you owe me a favour" I state, he stayed silent " he starts tomorrow, he'll come to the office to get his timetable and locker number" he said "as I thought" I said smiling before hanging up.

"I forgot you changed your name to Avery knight" Hunter said. " yes I did well your rooms upstairs second room on the left" I said. " I'm making lasagna for lunch the neighbours are coming over so dress well, there are a few clothes in the cupboard, I hope they fit" I continued"

—————— ——————
Sorry again that it took so long to update